Frostpunk

Associate
Just bought this as I loved This War of Mine.

So far the art style is very good, I am liking the repercussions for your actions. I'll put a bit more time in and report back.

For those saying it's a little short, hopefully they introduce more scenarios etc, much like the extra content they added for TWOM with new characters etc.

Soldato
After a good few hours play (frustrated by the building of roads, lack of population and placement of buildings ) this game has appeal and I like. Good when you build a public house and the town rejoices. The only real downside for me is the lack of scale, as in your confined work space.

Soldato
Really enjoying this so far, after a shaky start learning the ropes, I was thinking it was a bit too easy... Until some "stuff" happened, and about 2 (in game) hours later the temperature dropped by 20 degrees, causing me to break one of my promises to keep homes warm (a bit annoying as I had plenty of warm homes, just not one of the ones which triggered the promise) *boom* hope drops to about 2%

Man of Honour
well i broke and picked it up at silly price.
but it wont load, monitor goes "out of range" then crashes back to desktop, 1080p 60hz any ideas?

Permabanned
Not as enjoyable as This War of Mine - what a gem that game is, but its still a decent entry.

It's just incredibly short lived. It needs better pacing and fleshed out a lot more, and let me zoom in further. Everything else they nailed it.

I know there's scenarios but if they're going to be over in a few hours, meh.

Soldato
Got right up to the end frost on my first playthru but then got owned as didnt stockpile enough food.

Played the extra canpaign with the tecnhicians only and the seed farm things and found it really hard. Will have another go at it in the near future unless anyones done it/has any tips

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Picked this up for just over a tenner in the sales. It has surpassed my expectations. Great game. Time flies playing it. Seems they have added more content to it since the posts were made here.

Soldato
Cashed in the 50% off steam voucher as I have This War of Mine.
Completely missed this when it was released, really enjoying it. Great art style and loving the moral choices again

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Cashed in the 50% off steam voucher as I have This War of Mine.
Completely missed this when it was released, really enjoying it. Great art style and loving the moral choices again

I got it for cheaper than the 50% discount from Voidu in the holiday sales. But the game is worth the full price to be honest. They keep pumping out free dlc scenarios.

YI have completed the main game and the 2nd scenario (The Ark). Managed to complete them with all the goals being accomplished. Going to uninstall for now and come back to the other scenarios in the future, as I feel like I have had my fill right now. Would feel more fresh and enjoyable if I do the rest in a couple months time :)

Would give the game a 9 out of 10.

Soldato
Grabbed this around Christmas and finally got around to playing this afternoon. First game was going pretty badly so decided to quit and try again with what I'd learnt. It's went much better initially but quickly went to **** and I got banished! :)

Really enjoying it. :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Grabbed this around Christmas and finally got around to playing this afternoon. First game was going pretty badly so decided to quit and try again with what I'd learnt. It's went much better initially but quickly went to **** and I got banished! :)

Really enjoying it. :)
Heh. I wonder what you are doing with the laws. Opening brothels aren’t you? Lol.

Let me know if you need any tips. One I would say is get up 3 workshops as soon as you can to get research going. Got more if you want about laws etc :)

Soldato
Heh. I wonder what you are doing with the laws. Opening brothels aren’t you? Lol.

Let me know if you need any tips. One I would say is get up 3 workshops as soon as you can to get research going. Got more if you want about laws etc :)

Thanks, I'd rather learn from failure, but I'll give you a shout if I get really stuck. :)

I'll look into getting a brothel open though! :D

Back
Top Bottom