Fruit Fly Swarm Outside

No, more like a gnat.
Fungus gnats aka drain flies aka sciarid flies

Put some drain cleaner down the drain or some bleach they feed on decaying organic matter wet potting compost, food detritus, hair clogging drains, that sort of thing they proliferate when its warm and like most insects they disappear when it gets cold in the right conditions they swarm in biblical plague proportions seen it at my mothers place partially blocked sink drainpipe it cracked open and what can only be described as a black cloud erupted into the kitchen and lounge

Last edited:
The leak under our kitchen sink caused a bloom of these tiny buggers - the rat mess in the wall cavity was soaked, which attracted them.

Took weeks to dry it out enough for the flies to no longer be an issue - absolutely recommend checking roof/cavities for anything rotting/decomposing.

My parent's house had a similar issue in the bedroom above the dining room (carrion flies, rather than the tiny midges) - couldn't find the source until I pulled the black bags & old newspapers stuffed in the chimney of the unused fireplace...

...the crow that had fallen in and unable to climb out was pretty squishy and wriggly :eek:

Back
Top Bottom