1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ftp ????

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by knowlesy, 4 May 2006.

1. knowlesy

Mobster

i was looking at some software today smart ftp .....

(http://www.snapfiles.com/get/smartftp.html)

and was woundering is it possible to directly send files to one another using this (as i thought it was for uploading to a website or somthing else) ???? :confused:

2. oddjob62

Sgarrista

That is an FTP client. You use it to connect to an FTP server. Not from client to client.

3. zetec452

Sgarrista

You could send files to your mate via ftp. You would both requier some find of ftp service to do this. FTP isn't strictly for websites.

4. Topgun

Hitman

You need to setup an FTP server at one end. I recommend CesarFTP from www.aclogic.com. It has a lot of features but is easy to configure and there is a nice mini-tutorial on the website.

5. knowlesy

Mobster

do u know if this *** work if ** trying to send it through a router (like ethernet router)

6. Mr. Brightside

Wise Guy

Get the port forwarding and firewalls right and it will

7. knowlesy

Mobster

ah thanks =D

8. Topgun

Hitman

Make sure that you forward a range of ports for passive connections (clients behind routers). The default range is 2048 to 2148 in cesar but you can change it in the server config options.