Fttp question

Soldato
How do they install this, is it viable to do one house down a cul-de-sac? I ask this as I live down cul-de-sac with elderly people and I cant imagine they would want it.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
On our road there is a fibre distribution point (or something like that) on each of our telegraph poles. Fibre is then fed from there to the premises (in the case of my two next door neighbours on infinity three there's a distribution point on the outside which then feeds another point inside the house).

So in the case of our road, it's all there ready to go for the entire street. If your question is if your road isn't already set up then yea, it's going to be a costly exercise and worth checking out some of the existing threads re: pricing.

Man of Honour
Unless there's native FTTP then the only option is FTTP On Demand which will be a four figure install fee, depending on if there's civil works required and your distance from the BT Aggregation Node.

Associate
On our road there is a fibre distribution point (or something like that) on each of our telegraph poles. Fibre is then fed from there to the premises (in the case of my two next door neighbours on infinity three there's a distribution point on the outside which then feeds another point inside the house).

So in the case of our road, it's all there ready to go for the entire street. If your question is if your road isn't already set up then yea, it's going to be a costly exercise and worth checking out some of the existing threads re: pricing.
Underground or overhead ?

Back
Top Bottom