Fuji FinePix S5600 tripod

Soldato
OP
I don't know. What's the difference? I havn't ever used a camera like a Fuji Finepix S5600 before so i don't know anything about the things you can get for it. Do i need to buy a certain make? Or will any decent one do?

Man of Honour
Any make will do as you can buy different heads for the tripods to suit different attachments. I don't know what attachment the Fuji is although I have a funny feeling that it's the standard 'screw in' one found on most larger cameras.
What tripod to get depends on what you need. If absolute stability and durability is essential, for example a lot of outdoor work, it might be best to get a larger, heavier construction tripod. The downside to this is that they are usually expensive and heavy to carry around. On the other side you can get smaller tripods designed to be carried around but these are usually less stable and more flimsy, although you can get more expensive ones which are a good compromise.

Makes to look at are Velbon and Manfrotto. The Manfrottos are more expensive but better built. I personally have a Velbon Sherpa 250R which is made of aluminium. It's large and stable enough for most work but is a bit on the heavy side, maybe a bit too big to carry around everywhere.

Permabanned
All tripods heads are uniform so you can attach any camera to any tripod (in theory)

Just get something massive and heavy :)

Soldato
OP
Thank you. That's a great help to me :)
I don't really know what kinda places i'd be based upon. I do a lot outdoor more than indoor shots really but it does depend on my mood.
I've only been doing photography for a few months now and im going from a Canon powershot a410 to the S5600 so im all confused about the different attachments and everything. For my coursework im going to try include outdoor pictures in my project, along with indoor. What kind of tripod would you recommend?

Associate
for my s5600 i got a cheapo tripod from a high street catalogue shop, not sure if im allowed to mention the name.
it cost about £15 and it is pretty good, extends up to 149cm, is 57cm closed and weighs 1.1kg and is aluminium with plastic. it also has a quick release platform. each leg extends in 3 sections with quick release catches, not screws.
in all its not bad its not the most stable tripod but you can hang your bag under it for extra stability.

Back
Top Bottom