Fuji S710 LifeBook PCIE Slots - HD or... ?

Soldato
Not so long ago, I bought my wife a basic Laptop and while its a 2.4GhzI5, and it should be fairly nippy, its got the most awful speed when ti comes to the HD access.

With my own machines, and with Laptops, I simply swap out the DVD for a HD and the HD for an SSD, and I did try that with this Lifebook, however, there was ZERO improvement.

So, its just got a basic 1TB in it and its fine for most things, but even she is moaning tat its so rotten, but yeah, it would be when she keeps comparing it to the speed of my own machines, but hey ho!

now, just as a simple thought, it has 4 Mini PCIe slots inside it. One has a WIFI card as can be expected, but there are 3 more empty ports... 2 of them are half height, and black, while there is on that is a full sized white slot.

Now, I dont think that there is anything in the slots being white and black, but maybe there is, I dont know?

Im wondering whether I can try out an mSata drive ( Cos I got loads of them ) but I dont want to risk her Laptop... Although Im also thinking that its not worth the care if it doesblow up come to think of it, its that rubbish.

Anyone have any idea?

Back
Top Bottom