Full Drive Encryption

Soldato
We use Safeboot as well. Pretty good but you have to ensure that you configure both server and client software before rolling it out or you could end up with a load of bricked laptops..... as one of our project managers found out.

Soldato
Ive jsut finished implementing the solution using Seagate FDE drives along with management software prodeuced by Wave Systems.

As the encyrption is done on the hard disk at hardware level it is jsut a case of turning it on or off, there is no wait time while it encrypts the disk or performance slowing.

the management software integrates via AD and ive simply created a new OU for encrypted laptops which in turn squirts the two small MSI files to the machine via SMS and then enables the encryption via group policy.

I also have a web front end for our service desk to reset passwords so it can be easily managed. Im liking it.

Bry

Bry

Associate
Sadly not ironkey, using Sanctuary (or whatever it's called now, 'Lumension Device Control') to encrypt and control USB stuffs.
Ah thats a shame, just finished assigning out our first patch of 150 enterprise ironkeys.
I believe we have just ordered another 50 of the new flagstone drives as we just ran out of our current spare stock a few days ago.

Was dealing with the flagstone dries today too, some numpty user managed to lock himself out, reset the password for him with a floppy disk and he goes and locks himself out again, honestly.

Soldato
We also use safeboot, only couple of things we've found is that it'll only run on quite new laptops and sometimes the server can have a mind of it's own and remove people etc.

We are also rolling out Sanctuary at the moment for usb sticks, so i'll report back soon on that one :)

Associate
We use truecrypt it is free and can be deployed via gpo. You can also preload it onto usb so just pop that into a machine and make your way around

Soldato
Previous job I used Checkpoint Pointsec. Simple to role out and adaquate centralised management. Few issues with 64bit support, but i'm sure this has been resolved now...

Current job may as well provides handy road maps to our data as it is that accessible.

Back
Top Bottom