• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Full upgrade or just CPU?

Associate
This really is not right to me. If it was me. I would reinstall windows 11 from scratch. Please tell me your not on windows 10 as that does not understand intel E cores and can cause all sorts of weird sh!t during gaming. Anyway after the win 11 install wait until all the updates are done install the graphics and chipset drivers. Get that bios updated as well. Play same games and see how you get on. Would also like to know what temps you are getting. Report back 300 words or more. :p

Associate
I wouldn't even bother with a monitor nowadays. Yes they are superior (arguably) but you can get a lovely 50" 120hz TV for like £600. I had a 60hz TV for a decade and was happy with it. But wow 120hz is amazing. So so smooth. Plus you get loads of settings in the TV to play with. That's my 2p anyway.

Associate
I wouldn't even bother with a monitor nowadays. Yes they are superior (arguably) but you can get a lovely 50" 120hz TV for like £600. I had a 60hz TV for a decade and was happy with it. But wow 120hz is amazing. So so smooth. Plus you get loads of settings in the TV to play with. That's my 2p anyway.
I have a 55 inch LG OLED and due to the cat 6 hdmi extender I have, I'm limited to 4k 60hz on a TV that can do 120hz.

But even that looks fine, I just cap this 4080 to 60fps and it's as smooth as. Quite surprised at that really, thought I'd need to push 100fps for it to look and feel good. So the poster saying 75hz was terrible was talking out of his backside.

Associate
Ok first of all, what is a moggy 6 extender to HDMI (I think I know) and secondly why would you be using that? If your TV supports 120hz then utilize it! It's so much smoother it's brilliant. *

*Also what model do you have? I have a 55" C9 in the living room.

Last edited:
Associate
Ok first of all, what is a moggy 6 extender to HDMI (I think I know) and secondly why would you be using that? If your TV supports 120hz then utilize it! It's so much smoother it's brilliant. *

*Also what model do you have? I have a 55" C9 in the living room.
Just extends HDMI and USB from the back bedroom where my PC is to the living room, does it over a Cat 6 cable around 20 metres long. Would need to use a fibre in order to use 120hz. But it looks great even at 60hz, so I'm not spending that money just yet.

Telly is a 55 inch CS that I paid 850 quid for a year ago, it's been a great telly.

Associate
Why not just move your system then? Missus whipping you? (No offense)
I get it looks great even at 60hz,but you're missing out. You sure it's not the smoothing settings are enabled? That's interpolation. I have my TV straight up 120hz no smoothing (unless playing PS4).
Even movies look great. I'm literally watching Aliens 4k right now and it looks awesome. You can actually see the pores and wrinkles on their faces. Legit copy of course (clears throat) But my TV has ambilight (3-sided) and it looks awesome when the action scenes are on.The gunfire lighting up the room is brilliant :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom