Full water cooling kit, how much am i looking at?

Soldato
Now I've done my research, im not being entirely lazy. And i find that the price margin heavily depends on the different make of the kit.

Soon i believe i will be getting a antec P900, and with the kit i wish to cool the following on the board,
Graphics card- 8800GTS
CPU- E6300
North bridge- Asus P5W DH (but isnt the north bridge cooler connected to some other thing that cools down something else?(if u know what i mean))

How much will i be looking at? and is the case im getting fine? im going to get the p900 for 50 pounds from a friend i recently met. He also has 3 reservoirs which i believe i can buy off him for cheap ish.

And will 1 tri 120mm fan radiator be fine to cool everything down?

And i would like some suggetions on which brands to go for, Thankyou very much in advance

You mean just the Antec Nine Hundred :p

You'll be looking at around 250 for an all in one kit.. but maybe a bit more as the one i know (the Apex) only cools the CPU and not the nb,sb nor the graphics.

If i were you, i'd opt for:

Thermochill PA120.2mm rad (either mounted at the back or front of the case) - ~£35 cheaper if you can find one second hand[/]

Laing DDC (10w/18w doesn't matter) - ~£40[/]

The res of your choice.. i only have a Tank o'matic, Fass o'matic left.. so 2 not three sorry. - to be considered[/]

Either a D-Tek Fuzion or a Storm G4 CPU block - ~£40

EK Chipset blocks x 2 - ~£40 altogether use mosfet heatsinks to cool the voltage regulators.. or a mosfet block if you wish.

EK 8800GTS waterblock - ~£45[/]

#ft of 7/16 Masterkleer tubing - £0.34 per foot

So around 220 odd mark is what i'd say decent

What would be the max amount of cash you would spend becuase you could easily spend around £400 on two loops for watercooling a system like that.

well I'd say around 200 pounds looking from what carbine wrote, I'm selling my bike and i should get around 1000 pounds for it. so i thought i will treat my case for a water cooling kit. Since my current overclocks are rather poor.

For a decent CPU loop i would say around £240 custom spec with postage.

increase it to about £300 if you want your 8800 watercooled as well, although i find it pretty hard to get Decent parts in the UK.

Sinny said:
For a decent CPU loop i would say around £240 custom spec with postage.

increase it to about £300 if you want your 8800 watercooled as well, although i find it pretty hard to get Decent parts in the UK.

You obvisouly dont look at the right shops. ;)

My watercooling component prices (of what i can remember..)

18w DCC waterpump with Alphacool top £60
PA120.3 rad £56
D-Tec cpu waterblock about £39
Ek 8800gtx waterblock £56
EK 680i NB waterblock £20
3x Yate Loons 120mm fans about £16
XSPC Bay Reservoir £20
Danger Den Delrin Fillport (Used for drain plug) £8.25
10ft Masterkleer tubing about £10
hose clips about £4
Barbs about £10
G11 Coolant £2.50

TOTAL = £301.75 not including P&P

But did cost me an arm & leg in postage prices as i had to order them components from multi retailers at different times (mainly because most watercooling retailers rarely have all items instock)...

Last edited:
with regards rad size, you could cool it all with 1 120mm an sized rad if you wanted.. depends how low you want temps.

and remember its diminishing returns:
1fan rad might give 35c water 2 fan rad 30c water, 3 fan rad may only give 28c, 6 fans 26c....

Koolance 2PC601 i have has a 3*80mm rad. it kept water at about 35c with fans running about 50% under max load (artifact tester + dual orthos) with full oc's cooling cpu, gpu and northbridge.

I think you'd struggle to fit a 120.3 in a 900, there's not a lot of room in there, you could have it hanging out of the back I suppose, I'm too much of a neat freak for that personally, I prefer it all internal.

I see, is it possible to have 2 radiators then? what im thinking is one 120mm on the top where there is a top extractor fan, and a twin 120mm on the front inside if you know what i mean...

and as for finance, i think i will stick to second hand as much as i can, and try to get a xbox360 as well as well as some nice cash left over for party.

AND ALSO, can some one shed light to what this thing is...

Thermoelectric Cooler TEC Peltier Module

Last edited:
Uses Ecectrical energy to pump heat from one surface to the other. thus cooling 1 side and heating the other.

pick a suitably high powered one nd you can achieve the following:

Sub Ambient (maybe even down below freezing) temps

A Real Excuse for a >700W psu (these things can chew up 200-300 real watts, all by themselves!)

A Substantial electric bill (see above)

Melted wires/molex's (300w @ 12V = 25 Amps, ati specify 7 12v cables (1*6 pic pci, 1*8 pin) for 300w

Verycool, but not even slightly efficient. (sorry for the negative picture, best to err on side of caution)

Back
Top Bottom