Funniest Bugs

Soldato
This is a PC & Console thread but wasn't sure where to put it!

So, what are the most amusing bugs you can think of in a game?

For me it was one of the FIFA's (2000 maybe?) on the PS2 where there was a bug that if you shot from the right place just inside the centre circle the keeper would run out....straight over the ball and you'd score. Remember doing it 3 times against a mate who threw the controller on the floor and stormed out :D

Anyone else got any favourites?

Sic

Sic

Soldato
there was a soccer game on the saturn where there was a place you could score from EVERY TIME. the goalie just couldn't reach it. thought that was amusing because i always used to whoop my mates and they couldn't do anything about it :D

Soldato
my favourite bug was a bit naughty, i played CoD online so i knew all the bugs etc but my favourite one was on Dawnville in the sniper house, if you stood at the back on the window ledge you could lean left and the whole landscape would dissapear, allowing you to see where every1 was, /goes off to find a screenie

Man of Honour
Sic said:
there was a soccer game on the saturn where there was a place you could score from EVERY TIME. the goalie just couldn't reach it. thought that was amusing because i always used to whoop my mates and they couldn't do anything about it :D
Sega WorldWide Soccer I think you're on about. If it's as I remember, you had to cut in from the left wing at a certain angle and shoot from about 25-30 yards, would curl into the corner every time :D

Soldato
Davey_Pitch said:
Sega WorldWide Soccer I think you're on about. If it's as I remember, you had to cut in from the left wing at a certain angle and shoot from about 25-30 yards, would curl into the corner every time :D

That was the same for the majority of football games in those days IIRC, from stuff like ISS to Sensi they all had a particular spot from where you would always score.

Associate
I remember doing the same thing on Fifa in the early days.

My personal fav was on Sensible Sorld of Soccor, edge of the 18 yard box, full power to the shot and full curl to the left or right. Garanteed goal.

Soldato
OP
Ukadder said:
I remember doing the same thing on Fifa in the early days.

My personal fav was on Sensible Sorld of Soccor, edge of the 18 yard box, full power to the shot and full curl to the left or right. Garanteed goal.
Ah memories :D

Not really a bug, but I remember playing on SWOS as AC Milan against VB in the Faroes, then putting a defender in goal for VB, then seeing how far out I could score from with George Weah :p Could usually do it from just inside the half...by the touchline....by looping it in and it'd bounce over the keepers dive :D

Soldato
There was a bug with Civ4 whereby you could take over any other civilization by negotiating.

I think it went along the lines of declaring war against them, then offering a cease fire for all their money, and all their cities, which they would decline, then you could ask "What would make this deal work?", to which they would reply with exactly what you asked for - you accept, and they hand over everything :D

Think they fixed that one in the first patch :(

Sic

Sic

Soldato
Davey_Pitch said:

ahaha, that was the one!! you're on fire today!

Caporegime
I was always a big fan of Fifa 1997 (or 2000) where the keeper would run out of their box by like 5 yards and drop kick the ball... he was never sent off for handling outside the box. Or the indoor football in Fifa 1997 where you scored if you shot from inside your own half.

I have a feeling a lot of these bugs will prop up in EA Sports titles.

Associate
delta force 3 playing capture the flag if there was a certain type of box in the zone stay prone on them for a while and you will fall through and be hidden gotta love that

Soldato
Not sure if this was a bug or not but in the original C&C Red Alert if you sent an engineer to fix a building belonging to your ally it would take it over. Never actually used that on another person (only the ai) but I bet that could cause some annoyance.

Caporegime
Sic said:

Sounds like 'Striker' on the old Amiga, there was a place to shoot from just outside the box and the keeper would get nowhere near. :D

Soldato
OP
Ah just remembered another one, on Soccer Brawl (arcade machine)

Again perhaps not a bug, but if you were the captain for South Korea you had a power up shot that if you released at the right time went in EVERY time as it did a big loop around the keeper and went in.

Figured this out playing it in Menorca when I was about 12, was quality playing the game and winning the tournament every time, got about 30mins play for approx 10p every time, bargainous :D

Associate
This was a really cool one if anyone still has this game i sugest you try it out

On Perfect dark on the N64 you had a gun range where you could try out all the different weapons .
Thing was you couldnt take the weapons out of the range as it was in your home base and everyone was friendly.
This really anoyed me because i wanted to kill some friendlys :D
After playing around for a while i found that if you went to the door(automatic open) and stood halfway in the gun range and halfway out you would still keep the weapon.
This was where the fun began you could see alies and shoot them but it wouldnt kill them this was cool because you had weapons like crossbows and proxy mines that stuck to things so you could shoot arrows in peoples heads that would say their and they would carry on like nothing had happened.
If you stuck mines on them when the walked around they would blow up themselfs and others bounce around the screen and then get up and wallk off lol

Back
Top Bottom