Fusion or ssd?

Soldato
hey guys,

As I’m going back to console gaming, I am selling off my rig for a Mac..

Will a fusion drive still be snappy enough for general use and (the only game I will play). CS GO?

Or should I get an ssd? I don’t worry about so this is not a factor...

Cheers.

Commissario
I wouldn’t have another Fusion drive. The new ones don’t have a large enough SSD section and in my situation, it really wasn’t quick enough. My entire media library is on my iMac and I found that it wasn’t clever enough not to leave media on the SSD segment and push the OS onto the mechanical part.
When I split the Fusion drive back out to SSD and mechanical drives, there was a massive increase in system performance.

Soldato
OP
I wouldn’t have another Fusion drive. The new ones don’t have a large enough SSD section and in my situation, it really wasn’t quick enough. My entire media library is on my iMac and I found that it wasn’t clever enough not to leave media on the SSD segment and push the OS onto the mechanical part.
When I split the Fusion drive back out to SSD and mechanical drives, there was a massive increase in system performance.

Thanks Feek. The one I’m looking at has a 1tb ssd anyways. Think I will pull the trigger on it..

Soldato
OP
Monitor arrived today. Immaculate and really fast! :D Thanks for the support @Feek !

Only has Sierra on it, will wait until next week for Mojave before I upgrade!

Will get a shot of my new setup soon guys!

Back
Top Bottom