FX-8350 Overclock

Associate
OP
Na, if there was an issue with the fan the metal of the heatsink would be really hot as the fan isn't cooling it. If your CPU is getting to 70ºC but the metal is cold then it seems like poor contact.
There's not like a bit of clear plastic on the bottom of the 212+ you need to remove or something is there?

No it was used on my last PC and it worked fine,in fact its about 4 years old now

Associate
OP
Something funny is happening. i go to the bios and type the voltage setting in and then hit F10 it reboots and i run the test. When i go back to the bios that voltage setting has changed back to Auto

Associate
something is far wrong. when I first got my 8350 I ran it at 4.4Ghz and using the air cooler running prime95 I maxed out at 66c and my cooler wasn't as good as yours

20140827_211630_zps1rxfl5gd.jpg

Associate
OP
I did have another play round with it. I re-seated the fan again with more paste and ran it at 4.3Ghz it took longer for the temps to go up this time.But the highest it got was 66C

Associate
OP
QUESTION. Dose thermal compound have a shelf life ? Because the stuff i am using is years old. Have 4 or 5 tubes of it and its all different makes but its all years old.

Associate
Could that be causing the over heating problem with the 8350 ?
Until the basic functions are defined good, then symptom (including those temperature measurements) may only be ghosts. I do not understand why so much effort focuses on temperatures that just are not that bad.

Voltage numbers clearly define a defect. Defective voltages can even cause defective temperature measurements. But again, those numbers require calibration - as explained.

Associate
try running realbench and see what temps you get. on my 8350 on the air cooler at 4.4 66c was what it went to with ITB

you could also try running a game and use msi afterburner to monitor your CPU temp on screen or even do what you would normally do program wise that will stress the cpu to the max within normal use. IBT and prime these are designed to run the CPU to the very max to get the heat in and see how stable it is.

Back
Top Bottom