US: FX American Crime Story Season 2: The Assassination of Gianni Verasce

Associate
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5378852/

This is FX second season (OJ Simpson was first)

Based on the life of the serial killer Andrew Cunanan and events leading up to death of Versace.

Surprised not to see this mini series yet mentioned on here. Superb cast and great attention to detail of the styles/ fashion and music of the time. Performance by Darren Criss who played Cunanan was simply amazing. Think FX really delivered on this one & look forward to watching again.

Side note: Although I watched the news of the time of Versaces death I was not aware of the back story regarding Cunanan particularly that he had killed at least 5 before shooting himself.

Associate
OP
I agree, it's an excellent series.:cool:
Indeed it was very well done. I liked how the first episode dealt with the killing of Versace and then each other episode went back chronologically in time to cover the other killings to the penultimate episode showing Cunanans childhood upbringing (my favourite episode). The final episode covering the aftermath of the killing and manhunt for Cunanan.

They did a much better job second season with casting especially Darren Criss as Cunanan.... will certainly be keeping an eye on his future work.
acs-versace-andrew-cunanan-21.jpg

Back
Top Bottom