GA-K8NF-9 Running with HT 5x (1000mhz) speed?

Associate
Can't make my mobo run with HT 5x (1000mhz) speed?

My board is a gigabyte GA-K8NF-9, I've been looking around and most boards can run at 5x without any problems, especially people with the A3 chip revision since that's the same as the ultra version. My mobo luckily uses the A3 chip version but for some reason when I set my HT to 5x in the bios, exit and save, in CPU-Z it's still reported at 4x 800mhz. This is really weird, any idea why it isn't working?

ps if I set my ht to 1000mhz using central brain identifier it works fine... but I'd rather it just boot up like that in the first place.

Last edited:
Soldato
In had this mobo before I upgraded to conroe, I assume you're talking about the LDT multi? If it is , and you're trying to overclock, just set it to "x3" and forget about it. It doesn't effect performance at all from what I've seen anyway.
Hope this helps.

Associate
OP
Cool ok. Do you know if theres any way to turn off the mobo auto adjusting the fsb/mhz/voltages etc while its switched on? it's really annoying me, I just want it to stay at the correct mhz, it's just this bios doesn't seem to have any options to turn that kind of thing off.

Back
Top Bottom