• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

gainward are palit? EVGA=jetway?

HI there

A little bit of clarification I think is required here:-

Palit are a huge partner to NVIDIA and do vast numbers of product that are mainly low-end and mainstream only, to put it in perspective Palit are several times larger than Gainward!

Palit also own Gainward except for the fact Palit have not changed much within Gainward except a few key staff changed and more stringent quality control checks hence why Gainward renamed products too BLISS to show there had been a slight change and things were for the better, this very fact is proven that Gainward is now our no.1 selling brand and were getting hardly no returns. :)

Palit now wish to start doing some high-end product and as such they get Gainward engineers to produce product for them, no doubt cores and memory that has been speed binned and hence they can offer out cheaply under the Palit branding.

If eVGA = Jetway then Jetway have obviously gotten their act together since I last bought crap from them. :p Like Gibbo said, I imagine they're actually buying their hardware from other companies and reselling it.

Exsomnis said:
If eVGA = Jetway then Jetway have obviously gotten their act together since I last bought crap from them. :p Like Gibbo said, I imagine they're actually buying their hardware from other companies and reselling it.

It depends, because Palit actually own Gainward as Palit is the much larger company as Palit bought Gainward but kept all of Gainwards engineers so Gainward renamed the range to BLISS and carried on. So if Palit want a high-end product designing and manufacturing they just get it done by Gainward.

Wheras say a company such as Club3D are just a small outfit who basically buy their GPU's from other partners. So for example Club3D might purchase a load of X1900's from PoweColor and sell them as their own brand cheaper because they probably take the poorer yield cores etc. and get a good price. Though now they may do things differently but from what I have seen they are not in the same leagues as say Sapphire, Connect3D, PowerColor, Asus, HIS when it comes to quality, overclocking and support.

I aint got a clue what the deal is between EVGA and Jetway because we don't deal with either but I do know that Jetway is a huge manufacturer in the far east. Though the biggest I believe is actually Foxconn!

Its common practise this, large companies using a different name for enthusiast products.

Take everyone's beloved XFX. Its really just Pine.

Gibbo said:
I aint got a clue what the deal is between EVGA and Jetway because we don't deal with either but I do know that Jetway is a huge manufacturer in the far east. Though the biggest I believe is actually Foxconn!

they are one and the same from what ive heard. Jeway are cheap and chearful, but tell me how many <£50 motherboards use components of this calibur?

DSCF0003_small.jpg

Not many i can tell you. There's not a single low quality cap on there. although there is some dust :D

Back
Top Bottom