Galaxy S2 falls from the sky...

Soldato
Brilliant first post.:)

And a great video, hope there is more to follow.

Always like these Quadcopters, easy to builld, just a quick google, I see there are several shops in the UK that sells the bits.

A ST450 Folding Aluminium Quadcopter 18" Frame for £29.95p.

http://quadcopters.co.uk/index.asp

Also quite a bit on Ebay under Quadcopter, Multicopter, etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
How high does that go up?

Mine goes stupidly high, has a power to weight ratio of three. Though it's not advisable to fly through clouds due to moisture.
The world record is 80km flight and I think the altitude record is about 8000 ft.

isnt it illegal to fly around with a camera near a residential area?

i cant remember the exact laws but when i was finding out what the laws were for flying rc helis im sure one of them forbids any kind of surveilance drone ie (heli/quadcopter with a camera strapped to it) beeing anywhere near houses etc
As far as I know, only for commercial use it is forbidden. There is a UK FPV lobby group now which means we are in a pretty secure position.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I need a quadrotor now and I'd never heard of them before reading this thread today.

Mission accomplished! Seriously, hello everybody :)

Sorry for not doing a formal introduction, I did start one in the right section but it's not easy writing an introduction and I think I got distracted. Anyway, glad you all like the video - and to this day, the phone doesn't seem to have any problems and the quad has flown since. There's a new firmware on there and wind handling is much better.

To all those interested, you can now buy an outdoor quad with motors, esc, and frame for £100 or build one sometimes cheaper. There's loads of options out there because being a relatively new form of RC, there's loads of connectors boards out there. Fun though.

I don't know exactly how high it flies... need to get a barometer (or an SIII attached) and record more accurate heights. I would say 100m .. maybe more? It's only legal to fly to 400ft in the UK I believe, at least, in parks, etc.

Ever since I got this quad, I've become hooked so here's the warning:

*** If you have an addictive personality and/or and like cool flying things that make cool whooshing noises when coming down to Earth - GO AWAY FROM THIS THREAD! ***

If anyone else has some overclockersUK stickers, I'd love to make it fly :)

Soldato
Mission accomplished! Seriously, hello everybody :)

Sorry for not doing a formal introduction, I did start one in the right section but it's not easy writing an introduction and I think I got distracted. Anyway, glad you all like the video - and to this day, the phone doesn't seem to have any problems and the quad has flown since. There's a new firmware on there and wind handling is much better.

To all those interested, you can now buy an outdoor quad with motors, esc, and frame for £100 or build one sometimes cheaper. There's loads of options out there because being a relatively new form of RC, there's loads of connectors boards out there. Fun though.

I don't know exactly how high it flies... need to get a barometer (or an SIII attached) and record more accurate heights. I would say 100m .. maybe more? It's only legal to fly to 400ft in the UK I believe, at least, in parks, etc.

Ever since I got this quad, I've become hooked so here's the warning:

*** If you have an addictive personality and/or and like cool flying things that make cool whooshing noises when coming down to Earth - GO AWAY FROM THIS THREAD! ***

If anyone else has some overclockersUK stickers, I'd love to make it fly :)
I can confirm this is not a hobby for addictive personalities.
I have spoken to a couple of others with these, they are hard to fly without good spacial awareness.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom