1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game engines

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Nevakonaza, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Nevakonaza

Suspended

Anyone recommend a good modern game engine that doesn't require any coding knowledge?
    Been wanting to make my own top down game for a while,I absolutely love playing around in those Game map editors you get such as Far crys map editor and that but would actually like to have a go at making a game.

i know there is a few on google search but has anyone here actually tried them and one that has alot of assets available? :)

2. arc@css

Caporegime

I can't recommend one from personal use but I consistently hear good things about Game Maker Studio (I think it might be on Steam). How much if any coding is required, I don't know.

3. Rroff

Man of Honour

A little bit more advanced than you are asking but have a look at some video tutorials on the Godot engine - seems relatively good and not too advanced.

I've generally found games that have gone open source with some kind of commercial possibility in the license a better bet for creating games with low coding requirements than generic game maker toolkits - depending if you can find something close to your game idea so a lot of the logic, etc. code already exists.

4. Malevolence

Capodecina

5. arc@css

Caporegime

Although this one is about coding, I believe it's supposed to be easier than some others, though again, I've no experience with it.