Gameboy / Gameboy Advance Suggestions

Associate
Yep I picked up an SP recently and have found the screen way dimmer than I remember. I have a green Micro, it lovely, but too small for long play sessions. I'm very tempted to shell out for a 101 as the SP shape is my favourite.

Soldato
OP
Was looking forward to playing Golden Sun tonight but CEX accidently send me the sequel instead. Not sure wether or not to send it back as I paid £10 and they charge £18 for this sequel so maybe a bit of a bargain? (Probably not really)

Soldato
Thanks. I do then sort of wonder if it's just easier to get a DS Lite with a GBA slot as I imagine they are back lit too? They can't play games before GBA Though

I was considering a DS Lite, mainly for the 18-hour battery life. I couldn't decide between that or the GBA SP... so I bought both!
Yes, the DSL is backlit, with four levels and the lowest is still far brighter than the standard frontlit GBAs. I do find the thumb-button problem with it, though.

Also, while it cannot fit any cartridges earlier than GBA, there are other options... I'm not allowed to speak about them here, though!! ;)

The DS Lite is the best way to play GBA Games in my opinion. The screen is much higher quality and the battery charge goes on forever! I play on the DS more than my micro tbh. The speakers are better and when using headphones, the sound quality is better

Soldato
OP
The DS Lite is the best way to play GBA Games in my opinion. The screen is much higher quality and the battery charge goes on forever! I play on the DS more than my micro tbh. The speakers are better and when using headphones, the sound quality is better
Appreciate this. I may pick one up soon and use my GBA for older titles, and the DS for GBA. They tend to sell for like £15 so not bad at all :)

Played Sapphire for an hour or so last night and found it looked nice on the screen but I do think the front light washes it out a little

the DS lite displays it on the top screen I guess?

Would love a GB Player for the GameCube essentially making the GBA a 32bit home console but they are damn expensive these days

Soldato
Appreciate this. I may pick one up soon and use my GBA for older titles, and the DS for GBA. They tend to sell for like £15 so not bad at all :)

Played Sapphire for an hour or so last night and found it looked nice on the screen but I do think the front light washes it out a little

the DS lite displays it on the top screen I guess?

Would love a GB Player for the GameCube essentially making the GBA a 32bit home console but they are damn expensive these days

You can choose which screen. I go for top screen as the bottom has the touch sensitive layer which makes it look ever so slightly blurry and you can tilt the top screen!

Back
Top Bottom