Gamecube

Soldato
I’ve got a GameCube lying about but ended up getting the Wii as I couldn’t find any reasonable options to use an HDMI output. I’m not familiar with the Q so you may have better luck with it.

Associate
If it's an early enough model that has a digital out port you will be in luck but the cables are pricey
here is a useful post about it

Soldato
Just wondering what would be the best way to play, what screen?

Can you get hdmi adapters for them.

I use mine with a Kaico HDMI adaptor via the digital port, it’s about £60 but gives a decent image and as mine is a modded Spice Orange one can force 480p. GameCubes have a much better output than a Wii so prefer original hardware, contemplating getting some component leads and running through the OSSC to see if thats a better picture!

I'm looking at buying a Panasonic Q I had one on import back when they were released.

Luckily I have no interest in them - my mate had one at the time and a lovely bit of kit, local shop just sold a restored one for £900 hence why Im happy I dont want one!!

Soldato
If you have the OSSC already then I'd recommend the RGB start cable, the original component leads for this console are beyond expensive and I don't think a reproduction one has been released yet

Soldato
As others have said it depends on the version that you get really.

Good look with the Panasonic Q. The cheapest i have seen one go for is about 1100 quid and that didnt have a box and was a little tatty..

Soldato
If you have the OSSC already then I'd recommend the RGB start cable, the original component leads for this console are beyond expensive and I don't think a reproduction one has been released yet

You can get new leads now, Kaico do them and a few others - cheaper than a HDMI mod usually, around £45

Soldato
Iv got a GameCube but comes with no wires or controller so dont know if it works. Was hoping to test it out one day and if it works to mod it using the raspberry pi pico

GeX

GeX

Soldato

There's an issue with the OSSC and the Game Cube in that you're limited to 480i, if I remember rightly.

Also, please be aware that Kaico rip off other company's products and sell them as their own.. if you can buy else then consider doing so

Back
Top Bottom