gamepad

Associate
hi all I'm a mouse and keyboard man through and through, use them in most games, but am playing assassins greed origins and I feel I would be better off in this kind of game with a gamepad, any recomendations and is it easy to set up with a pc.thanks for your time

Soldato
I feel I would be better off in this kind of game with a gamepad, any recomendations and is it easy to set up with a pc.thanks for your time
Dunno if it will make you better... I always preferred Assassins Creeds with M&KB, though I stopped playing them after AC: IV Black Flag.
What problems are you having and what mouse do you have? Might it be you just need to fiddle with the DPI setting?

As for controller - I felt the same when I picked up a batch of fighting games (Street Fighter, KOF, etc) and driving games.
I don't need wireless stuff, so I just got a basic Xbox 360 wired one - Nice and cheap, plug it in, let Windows detect it and run the setup, then you're good to go. Simples.
You can config the controls, both in Windows (Microsoft has loads of support pages) and usually in-game as well.

Of course there are more options, all the way up to the Xbox Elite controllers... which are very expensive, but also very nice to use!

Soldato
Bluetooth Xbox One controllers are easy to set up. On Windows 10 at least.

I can't remember what the issue was, but it took a bit more fiddling to set up wireless X360 controllers. I think I just had to manually select the driver for the dongle.

Wired is even easier, but then you're tethered to the PC.

Back
Top Bottom