Games for Intel 620 Integrated Graphics

Soldato
Hi All,

I have just got a nice new little laptop, mainly for personal business and organization. Looking for a few good games for nights when I am away. I love Retro gaming so I have installed Retroarch on there. So I am looking for some recommendations for games with low graphics requirements. Not a fan of LOL or DOTA etc. I prefer more point and click puzzles, adventures etc. I really used to like things like Under a Killing Moon and Pandora Directive and I believe I can get them from GOG. I don't think there is a modern equivalent though. I have recently gotten into playing the odd puzzle game like lazer break/cut the rope on my phone so something like that would be good.

Soldato
A lot of the GOG stuff would be great. Works on modern systems too for the most part.

Some of the old adventure games would be good fun for when your away, old Lucas Arts stuff perhaps?

Soldato
Retro gaming is where it's at for me I just don't have the time or the patience to learn new games (if I was 18 I would be all over a game like Cities Skylines but these days I look at it and think there's too much to learn), I would get some old Lucusarts click and point adventure games as they still hold up today due to writing and humor. Age of Empires 2 is a classic and pretty much CPU driven and is still widely played online and is worth a play.

Soldato
Lots of older RTS games should work well if that's your thing, red alert, rise of nations etc If that's your thing .. Probably want a seperate mouse though rather than struggling with a track pad.

Soldato
Also if you find your struggling, if you drop the resolution down say from 1080 to 720 that takes a big load off the hardware which might help broaden your options.

Soldato
You should check out Fran Bow if you can handle a bit of horror. It's my favourite point and click puzzle game but also one of the creepiest experiences if had in gaming period. If you're in to that sort of thing you should also check Downfall and The Cat Lady - again more point and click style puzzles with low graphical requirments but properly twisted little games.

Soldato
Dont know if you are into it but Elite worked fine when I dialled down the settings on mine. You will probably find a lot more titles run on it than you think if you are prepared to go low/medium. FIFA18 for instance runs fine and looks pretty good. Some car racing games too, eg Wreckfest is not too bad on low. I know these are not your ideal games but you will be surprised what you can get away with running now. Still nowhere near a discrete GPU but not too bad.

Soldato
Before I got my graphics card I was running GTA5 on an integrated HD 530 on low at 720p.

Granted it was a tiny bit too choppy to play properly and was running on an i5 with 16gb ram, but it made a valiant effort which supprised me.

Soldato
Frozen synapse is an awesome game that would run on a potato. Probably available for next to nothing now (sequel was just announced too)

I'd check benchmarks, but if you like point and click, the telltale walking dead series is immense

Associate
My 2 pence of very good games that look and play great on intel hd.

This war of mine
FTL
Orcs must die
World in conflict
Company of heros
Torchlight
Motorsport manager(if your into motorsport)
Game dev
Defense grid
Rome total war
Gauntlet

All superb games and great time sinks.

Man of Honour
If you keep the resolution down and tweak a bit it is surprising what you can get running on those kind of systems - I've had Eve Online running OK on low settings @ 720p on an older Atom tablet for instance (on my newer ones it would probably play quite well) - with a bit of tweaking I managed to get a pretty stable 30fps in anything other than trying to do massive PVP engagements heh.

Back
Top Bottom