Games Freezing

Associate
i have built a new computer and it is working but everytime i try to play games (tested with train sim, flight sim, half life 2, battlefield 2) the game plays fine for a few seconds then freezes up then runs fine for a few seconds then freezes up constantly so makes any games unplayable this is also happening when i try to use the media centre application on xp media centre edition i have tested with 2 different sets of ram, 2 installs of windows (XP media centre and XP Pro) and as i ordered 2 graphics cards to allow for crossfire mode i have tried both of these together and both seperately (When Using the slave card only i get lots of graphics errors and wierd red pixels and lines appearing on the screen). I have updated all the drivers on the computer to the latest version of direct X, latest radeon drivers and latest motherboard/soundcard drivers.

The Spec is:

CPU=AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ ~2.2GHz (2 CPU)
BiosDate=01/20/06
Memory=2GB DDR 333MHz
OS=Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2(5.1.2600)(Media Centre Edition)
GRAPHICS=2 X Radeon X1800 (Crossfire and slave cards)
Motherboard=ASUS A8R32-MVP

Any Suggestions?

The games so far are train sim, flight sim, half life 2, battlefield 2 and also the media centre program in xp aswell im currently trying it without the slave card with the same results?

If you are in windows and say for example, you slowly drag a window across the screen, does the window freeze for a second or so similar to the problem you are having with games?

Sounds like the slave card is faulty if you are getting weird pixels and lines across the screen on that card alone. I've come across quite a few ATi Radeon cards displaying the problems you are encountering and all of them were sent back to their respective manufacturers who tested and confirmed them as faulty. Replacements were given, no problems thereafter.

Back
Top Bottom