Games keep crashing after 10-20 minutes

ElB

ElB

Associate
Bit of a stab in the dark and may sound like an odd suggestion, but open up Task Manager, go to the Services tab and see if the Tablet Input Service is running. If so, turn it off -- I can't remember the specifics, but it unloads some sort of driver that a lot of games use (something sound-related if I recall) after about 10 minutes of them launching. Some games are fine, but others just go boom.

Associate
OP
Further update. I've installed a new graphics card, a new PSU, reinstalled windows, even purchased a new displayport cable as I've read these can on occasion cause issues. No luck. Anywhere from 10-120 minutes of gaming, the screen goes black for 1-2 seconds and the sound loops, seemingly everything returns to normal but each and every time the time and date in the taskbar jump forward a week or so, which brings about its own issues as windows then thinks it's failed to scan for viruses/check for updates etc. The only 'fix' is to restart the pc, whereby the time and date correct itself.

This morning I've reset the CMOS and updated the bios to a later version. The only things I can actually do now are replace the motherboard, ram and CPU.

Quickly running out of ideas here.

Soldato
try changing the ram or just go straight to checking the cooler it fitted properly to the processor and if it is then maybe take it off and check the paste see if theres any on it still, check the pins while your at it, if thats all fine then your motherboard, ive had plenty of ram issues, but the system doesnt even boot properly nevermind crashing after 20 minutes, so likely not you ram anyways.

Back
Top Bottom