• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Games playable on new monitor?

CBP

CBP

Associate
I've tried searching the forums but couldn't find the answers I was after.

I have just ordered a 22" Samsung widescreen monitor to replace my ageing 17" CRT, but am worried about whether my XFX 7900GT running at 570mhz will run the games I regularly play.

I usually play bf2, bf2142, toca race driver 3, ghost recon 3, CoD 1&2.

As I won't be buying a next gen dx10 card for a while (year or so), will I be able to run my current games smoothly at native resolution?

I'm also considering buying a 2nd 7900gt and running it in SLi if needs be (as this would be the cheapest option for running games at high resolutions).

Any thoughts, views or suggestions on this?

Man of Honour
1680 x 1050 or?

It should be fine if 1680 x 1050 but you'll have to turn the details down a little if you were at 1280 x 1024 before.

Depends on the amount it costs for another 7900 GT and if you have a suitable PSU and case but it is rarely the most cost effective option over a faster single card ;)

CBP

CBP

Associate
OP
This sounds promising. Yes, the native resolution will be 1680 x 1050.
I'm currently playing it at 1152 x 864 full everything.

My PSU is a seasonic M12-600w so should be up to the job of SLi if necessary :D

Back
Top Bottom