Games that would make good Films/TV series

Caporegime
With the popularity of The Last of Us and now Fallout, what games do you think would make good Films or Tv series?

I'd have to say

Bioshock
Dishonored
System Shock

Caporegime
I'd love to see Dishonored

I think Half Life could make an interesting one with some good work adapting.

I think the barrier for a lot is cost, expensive to make lots of locations and CGI anything non human.

A cheaper one I'm surprised hasn't been adapted to other formats yet is Life Is Strange, think that could be great.

Soldato
A good story is a good story so any of the top single player games I think could work.

My first thought was Half Life too. Though Horizon, especially Zero Dawn, could work too though I think they'd have to delve deeper in to the pre-collapse world. Maybe similar to the Witcher S1 and multiple timelines going on at the same time following Dr Sobek and Aloy separately with the reveal of the twist at the end.

Mass Effect could make a decent sci-fi series too.

Associate
Mass Effect 100% but would need an insane budget, to execute well
Splinter Cell / Metal Gear Solid, if they have a solid plot and believable espionage & action sequences.

Poker Night at the Inventory and its sequel, Poker Night 2. The devs would need multiple franchise licenses such as Borderlands and the Venture Bros, but I can imagine the dynamics between the assorted characters could be made into a film. They do banter together throughout the game and there are scenes that happen away from the poker table / Inventory.

Caporegime
Producers will be scrabbling around to find things to adapt now.

Bioshock would be a great setting but you couldn't do the game storyline very easily. It was almost like a deconstruction of the (almost) wordless protagonist following instructions over the radio.

Caporegime
GTA is probably the other 'huge' series that I'm shocked has never got an adaptation. Perhaps it's just too generic, I'm not even sure what the story would be, same as Elder Scrolls.

Soldato
A good story is a good story so any of the top single player games I think could work.

My first thought was Half Life too. Though Horizon, especially Zero Dawn, could work too though I think they'd have to delve deeper in to the pre-collapse world. Maybe similar to the Witcher S1 and multiple timelines going on at the same time following Dr Sobek and Aloy separately with the reveal of the twist at the end.

HZD would be utterly horrific if they did the history well, and managed to translate all the memories/audio logs you find into flashbacks or similar

Soldato
I think Thief could be a lot of fun, speaking of the original trilogy rather than the reboot.

It has a fantastic world with a lot of charm and colourful characters, it might take a little more effort but a medieval fantasy/steampunk style heist show would catch my interest if done right.

Soldato

Zero dawn would be great, loved the game, even the missus watched, just to follow the story.

Associate
I think Thief could be a lot of fun, speaking of the original trilogy rather than the reboot.

It has a fantastic world with a lot of charm and colourful characters, it might take a little more effort but a medieval fantasy/steampunk style heist show would catch my interest if done right.
As long as they paid homage to Thief mods and included some missions at the "ghosting" difficulty!

Back
Top Bottom