Games you're playing, and games...

Soldato
you're playing next?

I've got Detroit, Dark Souls Remastered and God of War on the go, I might not finish GoW but the other 2 I will.

Next games:

Nier Automata
Ni Nu Kuni 2
and maybe Alien Isolation

Would play Red Dead Redemption on the X1X but don't own one and really I can't see much point, with a Switch, Gaming PC and PS4 Pro. Not enough space and too many games already!

So what you playing now and plan to play afterwards?

Soldato
OP
I can't get myself to play anything at times.

Everyone has times like this I think, well veterans like me do. I think the problem is is that I've got over 700 games and by the time I have picked one I have 3-4 games in mind that I want to play, so as soon as I get stuck or slightly bored(happens in many games, you just used to ride it till the game got better) I say "sod it" and stop playing and play something else for 30mins etc. vicious circle, like TV Shows on Netflix, Amazon Video and Now TV, just too much choice and really great games/TV Shows are really rare these days, well they've always been just tons of mediocre shows/games I buy or invest time in, that just bore me. Dark Souls Remastered has reminded me what makes a truly excellent game... so less looking/buying and more questions on here and hopefully I won't waste anymore time on mediocrity.

Soldato
OP
I'm doing the Borderlands trilogy. I always said Borderlands 1 is a great game (possibly the best in the trilogy) but now with playing Borderlands 2 straight after, the difference is night and day. It does almost everything better.

I agree. I've got a big save on PC which I might return to, played co-op with my mate then lost interest when the division came out.

Soldato
OP
It's understandable, I think. Even though I'm loving all the games I'm currently playing, especially Bloodborne and Nier, I sometimes can't be bothered to launch anything. It may be partially because of Tekken as it can be incredibly demanding and exhausting. An hour of that and I can't be bothered with anything else.

Myself, I'm not a hardcore veteran but I started with Commodore and Amiga when I was around 5 years old. Those were the days:p

Ah C64 and the Spectrum(which I had), cats and dogs people! Dreamt about owning an Amiga when younger just couldn't afford it, loved my mates I was so envious, North and South, Lotus Espree, Stunt car racer, Kick off 2, Sensible soccer, Monkey Island and not forgetting Speedball 2 oh and Xenon 2 plus Gods and Flashback and Another World! Amazing sound and graphics. I do have one now, an original 500 with memory upgrade, spare floppy and an brilliant Konami joystick! 2 seats all setup, I love it! In fact I'm gonna give Speedball 2 or Dizzy a blast later :)

Soldato
OP
30hours in to Persona 5 before picking up Dark souls remastered! Hopefully I can manage both as so far persona has really hooked me in

I warn you do not play Dark Souls REM, I know you're already a fan and it will consume you for months! I'm about 20hours into P5 but just lost interest, really good game but some of the puzzles I found annoying and I quit eventually.

Soldato
OP
Returned to fallout 4 after giving up a couple of years ago, only paid a fiver for it this time round, I'm enjoying it much more on the ps4 pro, looks a bit better and the loading times are more palatable. ( though still not great)...it's very good...
Alternating with GT sport, what a beautiful looking game, very fair price with lots of content, hooked up with a decent Spotify play list in the background, lovely.

I love the GT series but heard nothing but negativity about Sport. I'm getting a VR pack soon that it comes bundled with so I'll give it a go :)

Soldato
OP
Dark Souls Remastered, which is the best game I've played since Dark Souls 3. Also Super Tennis on my SNES mini, absolutely perfect 2 player game. True Lies, Zelda LTTP or Mario World on my SNES mini next, and probably Bloodbourne on my PS4 next.

Soldato
OP
Just got a Switch so Zelda BOTW (my first Zelda and very much enjoying it) and Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle which is surprisingly good!
Next up will be Stardew Valley, I've no idea whether it'll be my kind of thing but it seems to be well recommended and wasn't too expensive so I'll give it a try.

Stardew Valley is belting, perfect Sunday game :)

Soldato
OP
Just finished Darksouls Remastered, and I am tempted to play it again in New Game+ mode, but I've decided to play Prey next. I'll be back on Darksouls 2/Bloodbourne(never completed either and have high level saves) if Prey doesn't float my boat though.

Soldato
OP
-Red Dead Redemption

4 missions into Mexico and I think I'm giving up for now. Its just too boring and the open world is filled with nothing. Getting strong Assassin's Creed 1 vibes from this game despite it being a lot more open. The combat mechanics are really boring. Deadeye was cool to begin with but its crap now. Enemy design sucks. Missions are repetitive. The tutorial session and the farming was beyond dry. The dialogue is good but the story moves at a snails pace.

I'm sure in 2010 I would have loved this game but not right now.

I think this game has a heavy heavy coating of nostalgia when people re-call it. Games like BOTW have totally eclipsed this in regards to gameplay and how to build an open world whilst games like The Last of Us have provided us with far far more engrossing and engaging stories which move far more realistically from set piece to set piece. I feel like RDR is a huge compromise of both.

I'll give it a 7.0 but honestly from what I've played, it might be closer to a 6.

Mexico is probably the most boring part of the game if i remember correctly. Must admit a remaster would have been welcome. That goes for all the GTA games too.

Soldato
OP
Zelda : BoTW
Octopath Traveller

Assortment of SNES(using SNES Mini) games
Assortment of Megadrive (using original console) games

Haven't enjoyed gaming this much for a long time. Nintendo rock, shame Sega stopped doing consoles :(

Back
Top Bottom