GamesMaster is back!

Soldato
Rab Florence is a brilliant presenter. I haven’t seen his previous game shows but his comedy shows have been very funny. He’s a real geek and really knows his games. Can’t wait to watch the new series later today.

Associate
I am looking forward to watching the first episode tonight once I finish work. Lots of nostalgia for the original, I loved that show so much as a kid. Its good to see the positive comments on here for the reboot. Cant wait!

Associate
Rab Florence is a brilliant presenter. I haven’t seen his previous game shows but his comedy shows have been very funny. He’s a real geek and really knows his games. Can’t wait to watch the new series later today.
Rob Florence is a massive gamer and a great choice. check out VideoGaiden and Consolevania - far better than this reboot, but they're probably showing their age now too, saying that, I've just seen a load of recent Consolevania content on YT - that's me sorted for a while... I thought it finished about 10 years ago.

Associate
Just watched the first episode. I went in thinking there was no chance it was going to live up to the 90's series' but I was pleasantly surprised. It is clearly aimed at the 30 something age group who grew up watching Gamesmaster and I like that. I like the presenters. I didn't think Trevor McDonald was the right choice for the gamesmaster but I was wrong. He's perfect. I am looking forward to the next one.

Soldato
I was on an episode back in the day.
The series where it was themed as Atlantis.

Well.... technically I was on. You could see me at the back, head shining in the studio lights.
The idea that day was a Japanese Testujin at Virtua Fighter 4 came over and challenged 200 of the best VF4 players in England like we were all rolling off a factory production line.
In the show he won.

In reality there were only about 100 of us and most of us were just plebs they dragged in off the street, not 1337 playerz.
Also someone did beat him :D
I did not :(

Maybe it was VF3 now I think about it...

Soldato
I was on an episode back in the day.
The series where it was themed as Atlantis.

Well.... technically I was on. You could see me at the back, head shining in the studio lights.
The idea that day was a Japanese Testujin at Virtua Fighter 4 came over and challenged 200 of the best VF4 players in England like we were all rolling off a factory production line.
In the show he won.

In reality there were only about 100 of us and most of us were just plebs they dragged in off the street, not 1337 playerz.
Also someone did beat him :D
I did not :(

Maybe it was VF3 now I think about it...
I remember that one. The kid who beat him was just a button masher and got lucky. Great episode though.

Caporegime
Soldato
Overall, I really enjoyed Games Master. The presenters were good, Sir Trevor McDonald was great. Shame they only made the 3 episodes, hopefully we get more.

Felt like they'd run out of those Golden Joysticks on the last episode!

Soldato
Just watched this. This is good stuff from everyone involved, they have got the feel of the show pretty spot on and would genuinely like to see it return with a bit more budget (mainly in the green screen department) and time for everyone to get really settled in. Guests were great and really engaged!

Though I guess nothing will happen for at least a year if Frankie is going off on mat leave soon.

Back
Top Bottom