Gaming Chairs with removable/fold-able arm rests?

Associate
Any half decent ones out there?

I need the arms to move out of the way - in some form - as its not just for gaming, I record music as well, and playing a guitar needs no arms in the way.

Man of Honour
Last edited:
Caporegime
Any half decent ones out there?

I need the arms to move out of the way - in some form - as its not just for gaming, I record music as well, and playing a guitar needs no arms in the way.

Are you intending to remove them completely, or swap back and forth between the configurations? If the former, the arms can be removed from almost any office chair with a few tools.

Associate
OP
The only ones Ive had, the arm rests have been integral to the chair - that is they are what the seat screws into.

Ideally Id like to swap - ie when I play guitar there out of the way, when I game/watch vids they arnt. Having said that - if there arnt any decent ones available, something where the arms can permanently be removed would be OK.

Associate
Noblechairs Hero and also I think the Icon have detachable arms that are not integral to the chair's structure. 3 allen screws per arm and they're off, takes about 3-5 mins to do both.

The seat base is already extremely wide and flat with adjustable arm rests can be set so wide, that at their lowest setting I think you could fit a guitar as well without even removing them. If not, though they definitely are 100% removable. The chair actually comes with only 1 arm attached to begin with as it's so big for packaging.

I wrote the longest review for the leather black version that you can see here:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/nobl...er-gaming-chair-black-gc-00u-nc.html#comments

Leather version's expensive but still good value compared to £2+ grand from a designer company called something like Helmut Reitschaft or the like, which is easily doable for a high grade leather office chair.

Caporegime
The only ones Ive had, the arm rests have been integral to the chair - that is they are what the seat screws into.

Interesting. I've not seen any with that design :)

Ideally Id like to swap - ie when I play guitar there out of the way, when I game/watch vids they arnt. Having said that - if there arnt any decent ones available, something where the arms can permanently be removed would be OK.

Fair enough. I'm sure there must be options.

Man of Honour
Associate
OP
yeh - ive seen that type but dont want a mesh back.

I do have on eat present - and its my second. My son also has one - BUT they are fairly cheap (£70 or so new). My first lasted 18 months before it felt like I was sitting on a piece of wood. My sons is 18 months old now, and the stitching is starting to come apart - and my current one at 12 months is already showing its age.

Im looking to find a better quality chair, that will actually last. Not bothered if its up to about £300 or so but probably dont want to spend more - and the lower the cost the better (as always). It will cost what it is but In not paying more than It would cost to get a gaming PC for me son....

Back
Top Bottom