Gaming headphones £70?

Associate
I have the Hyper X 2's are they are superb! My ears do get a little sore after prolonged periods but I have big ears and wear glasses which won't help :) other than that though I can't really fault them.

Stoner81.

Soldato
AKG 240mkii are pretty good and well under £100 you could probably get a mod mic for them if you need a mic for TS etc, i used them for a long time (do music prodcution also) then I forked out for the K712 pro's as they are much better for studio work, still use them for gaming also, but they are well out of your £100 price range

Associate
Wanna do headshots by the sound frags make? Only 1 brand you really should be looking at - Sennheiser, all the rest just cheap ( and not ) impressionists.

Associate
All the HyperX Cloud headsets have wiring issues and yes I also have had them for a couple of years, but I needed to open it up to fix the wiring problem, but it's not hard to fix. What I would like to know is if there is another headset for roughly the same cost that offers better quality/sound? ty

Associate
Razer Krakens are decent

TY

Went looking around a bit more and came up with 2 possible backups or alternatives, though HyperX still seems to be best overall:
https://versus.com/en/kingston-hyperx-cloud-ii-vs-razer-kraken-pro

https://versus.com/en/kingston-hyperx-cloud-ii-vs-logitech-g430

Also: Here is a good clip on how to fix your headset, which I think is far better to salvage if possible than buying a new one. The most common problem is a broken wire, which is real easy to fix and this link to the Youtube clip explains things well enough for anybody to follow:

Last edited:
Associate
Do you have a soundcard?

Most headsets are garbage, but there are some good deals around within your price, such as the Sennheiser PC350 which can be had for £79 if you shop around.

Found a headset that will be more than a match for any other for a good price:
Asus RoG Strix Wireless Gaming Over-Ear Headphones

Associate
I like that you can have it wireless if you want and as I already had the HyperX before, I wanted to give this a go and see how it turns out.
i would get from place where you can easily return those without incurring charges. Usually gaming headsets are not that great but I can be mistaken with this one.
You never know.

Back
Top Bottom