Gaming headset recommendations?

I haven't updated mine in a few weeks so will check for an update later.

On PS5 they aren't the loudest I've owned but there is still enough headroom for me so I never need to use them near max volume. I'll check how they are with PC later and report back once I've checked for an update :)

I got the Altas Air and after updating the firmware there was quite a volume drop in Windows using the wireless trasmitter, probably around 50% lower. Volume levels using bluetooth are fine.

It's not a problem as around 90% is fine for me gaming but I guess it will be fixed in a future firmware update.

I cannot fault the Sennheiser GSP300's I had, four years and I only replaced the ear cups. EPOS Audio took over and are now getting out of consumer audio just as Sennheiser did. I have a wireless set from EPOS, GSP370 I think. The battery lasts an absolute age, weeks even before needing recharged which it happily does overnight back to 100%.

I have the HyperX Cloud Alpha S, and I am unimpressed with them. Sound is pretty poor compared to my daughters Cloud II's she has IMO.

Note: I 'think' my hearing might be going a bit these days, so take that with a bit of salt.

EDIT: Talking about wireless headphones... the number of times I'm playing with buddies in Apex etc... and their batteries die is laughable.

Last edited:
I would certainly recommend going down the Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO, very comfortable, fantastic sound and will give you a solid platform for listening to music too. You will probably need and audio interface to drive them properly though. Keep an eye on which impendence you go for.

Back
Top Bottom