Gaming headset... spec me in next 30 minutes

Soldato
Hey all,

In the market for a gaming headet with microphone, requirements are quite simple.

Under £100
Good mic
Decent quality sound for gaming / moderate for music (as I have plenty of reference headsets for music).

Fire away!

I had the Corsair HS1 in mind, but sceptical as they are new to the market.

Associate
I use the Roccat Kave, which I find pretty decent, depends if you're after stereo or surround?

The HS1 gets good reviews so wouldnt knock it just for being new, Corsair have a rep for good quality in all areas imho.

Associate
I like the Creative HS800 Fatal1ty's. But they're only £30ish on a certain book supplier (A)

If you want a good quality mic, you'll need to go separate on the headphones/mic front.

I got a pair of Goldring NS-1000's for £50, (offer's still on, google is your friend) then a usb logitech mic for a tenner ish, everyone on Vent says I sound crisp as can be.

Good luck regardless!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
No desk mic! I have a £70 studio mic lol and people still complain, one on the headset where people can hear me at normal volumes will be fine.

Stereo or Surround I don't mind :)

Also this is all being ran through a Xonar DS.

Should I take the plunge and try the corsairs out?

Last edited:
Associate
Go for the HS1 :)

Had one arrive yesterday, very very comfortable to wear & those larger 50mm drivers really do pack a punch.

Tried it out with a 2 hour wow session last night cant fault it at all.

Had the 333 G4me Sennheisers which really hurt my ears/head after wearing the headset for an hour, where as the HS1 cans go over my ears perfectly.

Solid build quality as well & loads of slack on the cable too.

Plenty of settings to tweek in the software as well.

Cheers

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Use a Kave myself, fantastic, a little heavy but very comfy as well so long sessions are not a problem.

Soldato
OP
Cheers for the responses guys, I've chosen to go with the Corsair HS1 for now out of curiosity... as I said before these are literally only for gaming as I've got Etymotic ER4-P and Sony MDR-XB700s for music and movies.

I'll let you know how they are.

Associate
As I said earlier great sound, loads of options to tweek & a really comfortable fit for those extended gaming sessions.

Hopefully you will like them :)

Cheers

Soldato
OP
Got them an hour or so ago and just given them a try, fairly impressed so far with the microphone, users are reporting it's very clear and consistent.

Giving them a quick run through with audio now, although they obviously need a little burning in. Bass response isn't amazing, but that is when comparing it to my Sonys which isn't fair :p.

Sound is quite clear though, certainly not a bad set of headphones, and I can see many users being very happy with them.

Comfort is very good, haven't even needed to adjust the headset, plopped it on my head and it feels nice and fitted, even hiding my big ears :).

Back
Top Bottom