Gaming or office chair

Man of Honour
Hi folks. My trusty Ikea markus needs to go as it is pretty worn

I work from home (not just covid but all the time) and I am sat at my desk at least 9-6 but often more. I also game from the same set up but clearly less hours a day.

I am weighing up whether to get a second hand Herman Miller or something. Aerons seem to go around £300 or therabouts or to go for a new gaming chair.

I am 5ft 8 (and an all important half) and 86kg of combined muscle, sinew and pott belly.

I am flexible to some degree on price. I guess around £300-400 but happy lower and could be pursauded higher if particularly beneficial.

How good are today's gaming chairs for extended office use?

I do slouch and sit back a lot. feels like an office chair although ergonomic may not suit slobbing about on as well. Needs to be subtle looking for video calls so can't have doom demnons on it or whatever.

thoughts please

Last edited:
Associate
Been looking at the Mirra 2 myself. Did you use it with the butterfly back or triflex?

Being used to the triflex on the Mirra I stayed with that when I bought a Mirra 2 for home. I like that it's firm but also gives enough to feel like memory foam on my lower back.

To qualify what I said about now being the best chair (subjective of course) - I mentioned in another thread that the Mirra / Mirra 2 has a front lip adjustment which avoids the "bite" of the hard lip some users have found after prolonged use with the Aeron.

This front lip adjustement was a metal bar and hinge design on the Mirra, it had a foam pad above the metal bar which degraded after time to introduce a pressure point just an inch or two back from the front lip/edge.

This was fixed with the re-design the Mirra 2, combined with it's full mesh suspension seat (like the Aeron) there's absolutely no issue with the front edge after prolonged use with the Mirra 2.

I'm not sure the warranty period for Mirra 2 is as long as it used to be for the Aeron, mine arrived with 12 years.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Well I've totally ignored this advice I'm afraid and picked up a noble hero. I suspect you are right and know you are right re ergonomics but will see how I get on with it

Back
Top Bottom