Gaming PC ~£1500

Soldato
Not really ways to decrease price.
Without memory chip maker cartel and miners inflating GPU prices it would be certainly below goal.

Like said separate sound card isn't mandatory nowadays.
Really only reason for separate sound card would be binaural simulation for headphones.
Or if integrated suffers from interference.
(or quality sound regardless of motherboard choise)

i read that as once you've built and see a few naked cables, you'll rebuild it. and spot a few more, and rebuild and rebuild till no cables can be seen... then realise you want cables to be seen but nice cables and spend a ton on pretty cables ... haha
Good old solid side panels of case: No problem in the first place

Personally i'd choose the Super flower PSU, Had no issues with these in the past and comes with 5 year warranty, Ive not used the Cougar PSU sorry

Super Flower Platinum King 450W 80 Plus Platinum Power Supply - Black= £54.95
While Super Flower has lots of hype going Platinum King serie (like Golden Green HX) uses cheap third tier capacitors in rather questionable place for cooling in between 12V rectifier heatsink and DC-DC board.
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/SuperFlower/SF650P14PE/4.html

Associate
OP
YouTube and forum members at a great source of help :)

And beer

Well I'm stuck - and it's pretty fundamental - it won't power on.

The led light on the case is yellow suggesting there's some power. But nothing happens when i try to power up - not a failed boot, just nothing.

I have taken apart and put it back together to check all the connections. MOBO, CPU, GFX are all definitely plugged in correctly.

The case comes with 4 risers already included, and when i first put it in i (stupidly) didnt add the other risers (i have since).

But the mobo was never in contact with the case because of the 4 base risers - so could it still have shorted out??

Associate
OP
i
Well I'm stuck - and it's pretty fundamental - it won't power on.

The led light on the case is yellow suggesting there's some power. But nothing happens when i try to power up - not a failed boot, just nothing.

I have taken apart and put it back together to check all the connections. MOBO, CPU, GFX are all definitely plugged in correctly.

The case comes with 4 risers already included, and when i first put it in i (stupidly) didnt add the other risers (i have since).

But the mobo was never in contact with the case because of the 4 base risers - so could it still have shorted out??

Ignore me - p sW not corrected so the on button itself didnt work :):):)

Back
Top Bottom