Gaming PC (2022) Build Log

Just re-cased my gaming PC in the end.

Well I did replace the motherboard and upgraded from a Alphacool 240mm to a Capellix 360mm AIO.
Now means I can replace my old X370 in my daily driver with the TUF X570 that was in this build (that's if I don't decide to do an Alder Lake build instead, I'll see).

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Reserved for pics.

There isn't a great deal to see at the moment.
Just fitted the fans and RGB strips, wired the controllers etc.
Did decide to stick a couple of 140mm fans up front instead for increased positive airflow.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't see any point in replacing your current rigs. Both are still top-end. Unless you're going for Xeon or Threadripper for the PCIE lanes. The end of this year or the start of next will see the introduction of DDR5 and there are bound to be teething troubles and it will be a while before it settles down - remember how long it took for DDR4-3600 to be the preferred choice with a reasonable price? Save your bucks for Nvidia's 4000-series GPUs or AMD's 7000 series GPUs and hope for availability and look to build the PC itself in 2023.

Associate
OP
Maybe but at same time I'll get a decent return on my older PC gear (before it get's too old) which pretty much offsets a lot of the costs of doing it (like the last time).
But there is no rush either, so it could well be Q4 22' / Q1 23' before this build ends up being near completed and ready.
It all greatly depends if I give Intel 12th gen a miss in early 22' and hang on for Zen 4 in Q4.
Which I might very well do if the reviews are not positively glowing.

A Threadripper build... if money was of no concern I'd have a crack at doing one for sure.
But ultimately it's overkill for any of my day to day needs (probably always will be).

Associate
OP
20211031_234812.jpg

Finished re-casing my gaming PC. :cool:

I did change a bit more than I was going to in the end... I'm now rocking an 360mm AIO and the newly released Asus Strix E-Gaming X570 Wifi II board (passively cooled chipset and wifi 6e).

... next up I'm going to refresh my daily driver PC in Q1, but I have not decided what I am going to do yet.
Maybe Alder Lake, maybe just a drop in upgrade to Zen 3 with vcache.

Back
Top Bottom