Gaming PC 2500£

Associate
Hello boys, I need your help. It's a new year so I decided to buy myself a PC, the budget is 2500£ for the rig, may go a little bit over it. If possible I would like it to be premade :). I want an Intel processor in it, please.
PC strictly for gaming. Never done OCK, but if the company would do it I would be happy.

Also need a monitor 24" or 27", have different budget on it, so if you can recommend something I would appreciate it.

Soldato
Hello boys, I need your help. It's a new year so I decided to buy myself a PC, the budget is 2500£ for the rig, may go a little bit over it. If possible I would like it to be premade :). I want an Intel processor in it, please.
PC strictly for gaming. Never done OCK, but if the company would do it I would be happy.

Also need a monitor 24" or 27", have different budget on it, so if you can recommend something I would appreciate it.

got to options, ones they do build or have it spec'd to your exact tastes and pay a little more - form over function if you will

seems like you'll be gunning in gtx 1080 Ti range and 1440p 144hz screen

Associate
OP
Help me, in the terms of best performance, which one should I pick? I'm a little bad at this and while spending so much money I want to have the best rig possible for that price.
Not sure which one to choose, the first one gonna look incredible with all of those RGB but it is a little bit weaker I think, the question is how much weaker is it? So I'm looking for a friendly advice bros is it worth to go with the looks and water cooling? Help needed, thanks in advance and sorry for my silliness :)

My basket at Overclockers UK:
  • 1 x OcUK Tech Labs Watercooled KabyLake Z270 Pro Gaming PC Configurator = £3,900.47
    • Case:Anidees AI-Crystal Midi Tower Tempered Glass - Black
    • Motherboard:Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 Intel Z270 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
    • Processor:Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz (Kaby Lake) Socket LGA1151 Processor - Retail
    • Case Lighting:NZXT Hue+ RGB Dual Channel LED Controller - Black
    • Operating System:Microsoft Windows 10 64-Bit DVD - OEM (MS-KW9-00139)
    • CPU Overclock:Intel Kabylake Overclock - 5.0GHz
    • Graphics Card:Watercooled NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11264MB Graphics Card with Backplate
    • CPU Waterblock:XSPC RayStorm Pro WaterBlock (Intel) Black
    • Fluid Colour:2xMayhems Pastel - UV Green Coolant 1L
    • Tubing Colour:2xEK Water Blocks EK-Duraclear Tubing 16/11 - Clear 1M
    • EK Fittings Colour:EK Black Fitting Bundle - Dual Rad, CPU, VGA, Pump, Res
    • Memory:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C15 3000MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B30
    • Speakers:Unwanted
    • Monitor:Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz Gaming Widescreen LED Monitor - Black/Red
    • Gaming Chair:Unwanted
    • Soundcard:Unwanted
    • Network Adapter:Asus PCE-AC88 Dual-Band AC3100 Wireless PCIe Adapter
    • Power Supply:Super Flower Leadex II 850W 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply - Black
    • Security Software:Unwanted
    • M.2 Solid State Drive **For Operating System If Selected**:Samsung 960 EVO Polaris 500GB M.2 2280 PCI-e 3.0 x4 NVMe Solid State Drive
    • Solid State Drive 1:Unwanted
    • Solid State Drive 2:Unwanted
    • Mechanical Hard Drive 1:Seagate BarraCuda 4TB 5900RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB Cache HDD - OEM (ST4000DM004)
    • Mechanical Hard Drive 2:Unwanted
    • Headset:Unwanted
    • Keyboard:Unwanted
    • Mouse:Unwanted
Total: £3,914.57 (includes shipping: £14.10)

or

• 1 x OcUK Gaming Germanium Overclocked Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 8700K @ 4.9GHz = £3,139.98
    • Case:phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass Mid Tower Case - Black
    • Memory:2xTeam Group Night Hawk RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - RGB Black (TF1D4
    • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce Titan Xp Pascal 12888MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card
    • Operating System:Microsoft Windows 10 64-Bit DVD - OEM (MS-KW9-00139)
    • Solid State Drive (Secondary):Unwanted
    • Solid State Drive (Primary):Samsung 960 EVO Polaris 500GB M.2 2280 PCI-e 3.0 x4 NVMe Solid State Drive
    • Security Software:Unwanted
    • Graphics Card (SLI):Unwanted
    • Storage Drive:Seagate BarraCuda 3TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache HDD - OEM (ST3000DM008 )
    • WIFI:TP-Link 450Mbps Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express Adapter (TL-WDN4800)
  • 1 x Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz Gaming Widescreen LED Monitor - Black/Red= £749.99
Total: £3,913.07 (includes shipping: £23.10)

Last edited:
Soldato
@Isen

Avoid the top one

Others may be able to spec better pre-build .

Got a list that ocuk can build for you on request - they'll be extra charge of course for doing it and should take you to £2500 or just above with build cost.

This is function over form but still looks pretty whilst using solid components . RGB through the board and case .

Total: £2,211.85 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

Then we up the gear for better components and RGB .
Stunning RGB modular case, AIO and 4 RGB fan covers .
GPU can be mounted in its side for RGB goodness
Total: £2,702.80 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

Soldato

Historically, OcUk have never charged extra for a custom spec regular build without custom watercooling and the like. In fact, sometimes a custom quote would be less than what you'd get through the Configurator (don't know if that's changed). I'd be shocked if they charged £300 to build that spec.

Soldato
^^Does he need two motherboards ? :D

FFS, my bad, did it on my phone

Historically, OcUk have never charged extra for a custom spec regular build without custom watercooling and the like. In fact, sometimes a custom quote would be less than what you'd get through the Configurator (don't know if that's changed). I'd be shocked if they charged £300 to build that spec.

Wasn't sure so just added a hefty £300, any lower then awesome

Associate
OP
So I've decided to go with your second RGB basket because it's gonna look awesome. Just got one question, how to order a prebuild from them like that, should I drop them an email about specs and ask them if they can build for me? Sorry for being a dumbo and thanks boys for all the help you are giving me!

And do I need 4 LED fan frames? I mean where are they gonna be mounted?

Total: £3,133.84 (includes shipping: £0.00)

Soldato
So I've decided to go with your second RGB basket because it's gonna look awesome. Just got one question, how to order a prebuild from them like that, should I drop them an email about specs and ask them if they can build for me? Sorry for being a dumbo and thanks boys for all the help you are giving me!

And do I need 4 LED fan frames? I mean where are they gonna be mounted?

Total: £3,133.84 (includes shipping: £0.00)

Post link to customer service section on forum, there's a thread for Pre sales and explain you want a system built by OCUK to this spec.
Only you and then can see it. Or call them Up and mention the thread.
But easier to do it on forum , and then should arrive email or phone call to work through it

User @Ammeg I believe bought to of the above case, did post pics up but pic link not working anymore .
Glass is darkened so board, GPU and halo RGB should provide a nice glow and not look like Blackpool tower on LSD

##### heads up!!!!!

I linked the wrong Mobo for the second more expensive build meant to be this. Aorus flagship!!!!

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...cket-1151-ddr4-atx-motherboard-mb-55t-gi.html

Big night a day difference between the two !

Soldato
I've changed the ram to that bad boy and posted it on the forum, thank you @orbitalwalsh ,you are da best! :)

No worries, they should reply back to you tomorrow as it's back to a working week .
Forgot to add, Thermal Grizzlie paste !
And another 140mm silent wing to add to the front . Keep everything cool and good airflow

Roughly what it'll look like - lower tier bequiet 600 case and Gigabyte card , not Gigabyte's Aorus branding which is their flagship
Least it show you how lighting would look like

FzWg8X7.jpg
s6cmvhL.jpg
Glows nicely and shows the innerds when the darken glass is Installed. Once off, the case is as black as night
skXSkLt.jpg

Associate
OP
No worries, they should reply back to you tomorrow as it's back to a working week .
Forgot to add, Thermal Grizzlie paste !
And another 140mm silent wing to add to the front . Keep everything cool and good airflow

Roughly what it'll look like - lower tier bequiet 600 case and Gigabyte card , not Gigabyte's Aorus branding which is their flagship
Least it show you how lighting would look like

FzWg8X7.jpg
s6cmvhL.jpg
Glows nicely and shows the innerds when the darken glass is Installed. Once off, the case is as black as night
skXSkLt.jpg

That rig looks spot on mate! Can't wait to see mine .
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/be-quiet-silent-wings-3-140mm-pwm-fan-fg-038-bq.html
That one? :)

Soldato

The back on the other hand looks a mess , for a friend so little effort there lol

Indeed . Just means you'll have two at the front supplying good airflow.
Rear will attend the GPU heat and at the top, CPU will control the two 140s :)
If up to you if you want all 5 fans to have Halo RGB covers on them , might be fine with 4 and save £10 :)

Associate
OP
And I think one last question, which paste should I put in the basket, because I saw couple of them in the shop and I'm not sure which one to pick.
That £10 difference in that basket is barely visible so I will add it anyway, thank God I don't have a wife yet, she would kill me for spending so much on a pc, hahahah.

Back
Top Bottom