Gaming Peripherals

Associate
Ok, So i've spotted a few posts about gaming kit on here, and Since a lot of mine is older than it should be, I was curious about which of you actually use Joysticks, Gamepads, Wheels etc.

Personally I own:

Wolfking Wolfpad.
Its a half-length round keyboard, designed around fps - specifically counterstrike, I like it because I can play longer, without getting sore hands etc, Not that im a hardcore fps player anymore. Oh, and its nice for lan parties where space is limited.

Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2.
Bought from the MM, many many moons ago; before it was 250posts+ etc.
Cost me around £30 I think, and has only in the last month or so started causing me troubles.

Thrustmaster 360 Modena Wheel.
Well; what to say about it, when I first got it; from a high street store I think, it had a bolt that wasnt threaded, but had complete rings around it. That took some working out!, But They kindly sent me a new one from Canada, after about 8 weeks waiting for delivery it worked well. Its not the nicest of wheels, and really suffers for lack of feedback, force or not. But we've had some laughs together, generally when m8s come around and we can hot-seat something like Toca. It degenerates rapidly into who can cause the biggest pile-up :p. Its now on its last legs, pulling heavily left, even when centered :(.

Saitek P750 Gamepad.
Well, this does its thing, but its not nice. Rarely used, but still a nice addition to my collection for when you have just the right game.

Most of this Kit is elderly, and was fairly cheap when bought. But im looking at replacing some or all of it, especially the wheel/joystick, so im curious as to what peripherals you have, what you like or dont like.

Associate
How's the Wolfpad? I was looking at Wolf Claws recently, which I think are just the newer ones, and looked good. Wanted a Timberwolf, but they only come in US layout. And a lack of programable macros and flashy lights put me off :p

Associate
OP
Well, its pretty easy to use; as it feels (for the most part) just like a keyboard. May well be called a Wolfclaw actually, but to me its just a pad ;)

Has a couple of quirks, (double ctrl keys), but in general, just works.
Yes, there's no programmable software, but i'd be suprised if you cant find some third party stuff that allows programming it.

Only difficulty is with some games, which wont let you re-bind keys before you've un-bound them, can be a PITA to go through and un-bind one key to re-bind it to something more useful, but thats no fault of the pad.

Soldato
Microsoft Force Feedback Wheel, had this for around 3 years, barely been used up until recently with RBR

PS2 controller with the converter for PES

Some sort of a cheap saitek joystick for all the flying games I have that I never play

Permabanned
i have a zboard fang, had it a few months and its brilliant i use it for all my games that dont require a pad or wheel, i am atm looking at buying a new keyboard and mouse as i have some spare cash and was thinking of getting

this mouse

this keyboard

but i dont know if it would render the fang unused as i got the fang due to my microsoft wireless keyboard + mouse set been unable to press more than 3 buttons at a time for the mouse and keyboard together meaning sidestep lean and crouch for sof2 was usless as soon as you started shooting u would stand up

Back
Top Bottom