Gaming rig build list

Associate
Afternoon people,

Basically im looking into moving over from console gaming to pc. I currently have a ps4 pro and xonex scorpio which I use with a sony 55" XE90 4K HDR screen so im getting 4k gaming at 3840x2160p. I would like to continue to use the sony screen and hopefully get the same visuals or better from the pc, so with my current build list below could I achieve this ? any info appreciated,

case:
Corsair crystal series 570x RGB Black

Power Supply:
Corsair RM750X

Processor:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700

Board:
GIGABYTE AX370 Gaming 5

RAM:
Corsair 16GB White

SSD:
500GB Samsung 860 EVO 2.5

HDD:
2TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5 7200rpm

GPU:
Asus Radeon Vega Rx 64 ROG

CPU Cooler:
Corsair H150I PRO 360MM RGB

Case Fans:
Corsair LL120 RGB 120MM

Associate
OP
ok so quick tweak on list,

Asus ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING board

GeForce GTX 1080Ti Gaming OC BLACK 11264MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card

Would that work better ?

Associate
Yeah, for 4k you will need as much GPU power as you can get.

Whats the budget for this build? it may be worth looking at an 8700k build and compare them and are you willing to overclock?

Associate
OP
Yeah, for 4k you will need as much GPU power as you can get.

Whats the budget for this build? it may be worth looking at an 8700k build and compare them and are you willing to overclock?

Budget for the tower itself as I’ll be using the Sony tv for the screen will be £2k, if you guy think intel maybe a better way forward to insure I get the 3840x2160p then please give me some ideas as I want it tue best I can for the money, thanks

Soldato
Budget for the tower itself as I’ll be using the Sony tv for the screen will be £2k, if you guy think intel maybe a better way forward to insure I get the 3840x2160p then please give me some ideas as I want it tue best I can for the money, thanks

Not much in it if you are gaming at 4K. Stick with Ryzen if you want the extra cpu cores.

Soldato

4k its all GPU bound mostly

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the help and replies, think i'm gonna go with the build i listed but as said use the asus mobo and 1080ti gpu.

Associate
OP
post up how you get on :)

I will do mate, just a quick one before I order it all I’ve seen that this EVGA card has just come down in price and is now cheaper than the one I listed before https://www.overclockers.co.uk/evga...dr5x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-311-ea.html

What’s people’s thoughts on this card ?reviews say it’s the best about but interested in what you think or people that have the card. Would you say it’s a better purchase compared to the other one in my list.

Soldato
I will do mate, just a quick one before I order it all I’ve seen that this EVGA card has just come down in price and is now cheaper than the one I listed before https://www.overclockers.co.uk/evga...dr5x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-311-ea.html

What’s people’s thoughts on this card ?reviews say it’s the best about but interested in what you think or people that have the card. Would you say it’s a better purchase compared to the other one in my list.

that price, TAKE IT ! - avoid their dual fan 2 slot card ! pay the slight extra

push the x370 K7 combo deal. MUCH better board with audio that still rivals flagship z370/x470/x399 boards ! Free 480 SSD to well... to the free value of £60

DE
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,350.06 (includes shipping: £11.10)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Right parts all ordered, should all be here tomorrow so fingers crossed it all goes well and not a smouldering mess :D

Associate
OP
Right guys she’s up and running, windows installed I’m just after some advice on the asus board on how to adjust the ram voltage it’s set at 2133mhz so I set it to 3000 but it won’t post, think I need to up the voltage ?

Soldato
I havnt updated the bios yet no?, I’ve done all the windows and EVGA 1080ti card ones

The 4011 bios has an AGESA update included so it is a possibility that it might run at 3000MHz (Or 2933) using xmp with that bios version.

Other option would be to try and set it manually, but that is not something I have done before so someone else will have to chime in on that :)

Back
Top Bottom