Gaming+streaming/Xbox build £1300 Budget.

Associate
Hi
I need a new computer to play games and stream it..also want to stream my xbox game play,
I just need a tower as I've got O/S...mouse & keyboard plus 3 monitors, My main one being 1080 freesync @144hz
I've also got a 1TB SSD and a 1TB HDD to add to it.
I want to spend less then £1300
This is what I've came up with so far

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,393.48 (includes shipping: £11.70)

Is all compatible is there anything cheaper/better instead? also what PSU could I order instead as its out of stock..really wanna buy it today..Thanks​

Last edited:
Associate
Hi
I need a new computer to play games and stream it..also want to stream my xbox game play,
I just need a tower as I've got O/S...mouse & keyboard plus 3 monitors, My main one being 1080 freesync @144hz
I've also got a 1TB SSD and a 1TB HDD to add to it.
I want to spend less then £1300
This is what I've came up with so far

Total: £1,393.48 (includes shipping: £11.70)

Is all compatible is there anything cheaper/better instead? also what PSU could I order instead as its out of stock..really wanna buy it today..Thanks​

How about this PSU? Or the 850w Corsair unit is in stock.

I'd also switch the NvME drive to a Sabrent Rocket to save a few quid (not available from here though).

Total: £110.45 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Associate
OP
How about this PSU? Or the 850w Corsair unit is in stock.

I'd also switch the NvME drive to a Sabrent Rocket to save a few quid (not available from here though).

Total: £110.45 (includes shipping: £10.50)
Good choice there..fully mod as well, Is there much speed difference between a SSD and a NvME as I could save money just using a SSD I've already got?

Associate
Good choice there..fully mod as well, Is there much speed difference between a SSD and a NvME as I could save money just using a SSD I've already got?

Yeah the only thing 7 year warranty instead of 10 but unit looks solid from what I've read up on it anyway.

If I was you I'd save the cash in that case and just reuse your SSD you already have.

Associate
OP
So I've decided to go with this.. hope the GPU fits in the case, I've changed motherboard as it seems better? Will the processor work ok without updating the motherboard?
any final suggestions before I pull the trigger?
Total: £1,212.85 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

Associate
So I've decided to go with this.. hope the GPU fits in the case, I've changed motherboard as it seems better? Will the processor work ok without updating the motherboard?
Total: £1,212.85 (includes shipping: £0.00)

Think that mobo would need a bios update I'd stick with the previous MAX board you had.

Associate
OP
Does anyone know if the CPU comes with paste or not..I'm guessing it doesn't.
I've also decided to keep my 1TB mechanical hard drive in my other computer...So I need to buy another one..which one can someone recommend please?

Associate
Does anyone know if the CPU comes with paste or not..I'm guessing it doesn't.
I've also decided to keep my 1TB mechanical hard drive in my other computer...So I need to buy another one..which one can someone recommend please?

If using the stock cooler it should have thermal paste pre applied I think.

HDD wise Seagate Barracuda are highly recommended on here a lot.

Soldato
Total: £1,212.85 (includes shipping: £0.00)

As mentioned, stick with the Tomahawk for out of the box usage. That Asus board isn't that great anyway. The B450-E is but it costs £159 and would still need a working bios. Not sure if ocuk offer an update service anyway. Only other way would be to ask AMD for a loan cpu.

You would be more than fine with a 650W psu. So the 650W version of that unit saves a tenner.

The case fits a gpu up to 350mm and the Gigabyte card is 280mm so no issues there.

Also don't forget to claim your free games. One with the 3700X and one with the 5700 XT along with 3 months of xbox game pass for pc.

https://www.amd.com/en/gaming/raise-the-game

The stock cpu cooler will come with paste. Probably pre-applied.

Associate
OP
Dam wish I had known about the PSU earlier,
Choose to order the 5700 else where as it was £25 cheaper and without the broken Ghost recon and I game share Borderlands 3,
With the 3700 I managed to get 3 months of xbox game pass for PC, Borderlands 3 or outta worlds, Also gave me The Division 2 for free.
Thanks for putting my mind at ease about it all fitting ect

Associate
OP
DPD are such jokes..next day delivery my ###. Ordered my things yesterday and just now received my Computer tower..all the other stuff got messed up in brummy and wont be delivered til Monday...they should have the decency to deliver either tomorrow or Saturday at the latest.
Got e-mail from overclockers saying it be here tomorrow..but both on different pages so will see

Associate
DPD are such jokes..next day delivery my ###. Ordered my things yesterday and just now received my Computer tower..all the other stuff got messed up in brummy and wont be delivered til Monday...they should have the decency to deliver either tomorrow or Saturday at the latest.
Got e-mail from overclockers saying it be here tomorrow..but both on different pages so will see

Oh that's a shame let us know how the build goes when it all arrives. :)

Associate
OP
https://imgur.com/a/1vCYAAl
oh no that's terrible hopefully you get it sorted.

overclockers sent my parcel out on Wednesday..Birmingham hub received it that day,
Thursday there was a problem at the Birmingham hub so they sent it back to overclockers
Overclockers promised I would receive it Friday...But DPD decided to send it to Amsterdam,
Estimated delivery date was 11th of November by DPD but overclockers said Monday the 1st,
1vCYAAl

Associate
https://imgur.com/a/1vCYAAl

overclockers sent my parcel out on Wednesday..Birmingham hub received it that day,
Thursday there was a problem at the Birmingham hub so they sent it back to overclockers
Overclockers promised I would receive it Friday...But DPD decided to send it to Amsterdam,
Estimated delivery date was 11th of November by DPD but overclockers said Monday the 1st,
1vCYAAl

Wonder why it went to Amsterdam? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom