Garden Shed help

Associate
Evening. Just purchased a garden shed. This one

Keter Manor Pent Outdoor Plastic Garden Storage Shed, 6 x 6 feet - Large, Beige 245292 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07NW7YKTB/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_C6V2E14JBPQNW0HWW3BS

I havnt built it up yet as Im looking for advice on the best way on anchoring it to the base (concrete slabs) Where I am the wind can get pretty bad so it would need to be well secured. Any advice is appreciated. Here is a pic of where the shed will be situated.

is4NofY.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
There was a plastic Keter shed in my garden when I moved in. It wasn't anchored to the ground at all and we live in a very windy location so I guess it was pretty solid - or maybe the last owner kept a load of heavy stuff in it? I replaced it pretty quickly with a larger timber shed so didn't really get any experience of using it.
I will say that the floor was very thin plastic and was reliant on having a good flat surface underneath. Your slabs don't look particularly flat so it might be a good idea to relay them or maybe look into some other sort of base to sit on top of the slabs and put the shed on.

Soldato
I have a Keter shed and it's surprisingly heavy once built. No issues with any strong winds here over the years.

I forget the weight of it but it was shown on the boxes. I think it came to 80+kg but I could be wrong. It was their composite shed rather than pure plastic (almost identical to THIS ONE)

I wouldn't worry about the wind but, yes, you will need a level base.

You should really get the help of someone to help you build it. Takes a while but very satisfying

I've been extremely happy with mine and it'll likely outlast me. Far better than equivalent wooden sheds as zero maintenance and greater lifespan.

Soldato
Don't rush, prep a base. Either level those slabs you have or lay a simple concrete foundation that's a few inches thick. Not expensive or difficult to do but worth it in the long run.

Personally I'd bolt the thing down at the corners inside using timber. Doesn't have to be huge. If you can stop the shed lifting at the base it should be fine.

Another option is to anchor to the back wall if that's yours or the owner is cool with it.

Soldato
Any tips on decking, can I just plonk one of these keter sheds on top of it? will just be used for bycicle and a couple of standard size tool boxes? so not heavy but enough weight I would think to prevent any movement.

Soldato
i don't see that shed going anywhere although I get why you are worried. If you really worry you could put bolts down through the floor into the slabs after you have done it or put some brackets on the wall behind it and attach them to the shed.
I have a narrow shed down the side of the house and as we're coastal I have mounted a wall bracket and attached it to the wall of the house, its not going anywhere :)

Back
Top Bottom