Garden Shredder Mulcher FM4DDE-MUL

Associate
Does anyone have one of these or could you recommend something better?

For use in 3 Gardens so a fair bit of work.

Man of Honour
I've got the petrol version, had a ton of conifers to remove and chip/mulch, handled it all fine even slightly larger than 50mm. Was put off the electric version at the time as several reports of it tripping the breaker and the need for a very substantial extension cable.

The guard on the entry shoot is a right pain for stuffing in handfuls of smaller branches, but it can be removed easily enough.

Soldato
yeah 4hp is the full 13amps a UK socket can delivery, a lot of extensions are only 10amp so you'll need a good quality thick one. Also the start up load of a motor that big might easily trip breakers if they're sensitive.

Associate
It doesn't look like it pulls in the material, which would get in my t*ts.
I use the Bosch Axt 25 TC which does but that one linked to looks more heavy duty so probably better for your needs if covering 3 gardens, chops a bit finer too. However for what the Bosch produces, it's fine for my mulching and adding to the compost heap.

Associate
I’m also in need of something similar, would prefer or think I need a chipper over a shredder. The guy shoving his hand in to feed it, that put me right off.

Back
Top Bottom