Gardeners- 2 pin mains connector?

Suspended
I have a cable reel that has this connector. I need to fit a couple of these to two garden powertools. The connector has a flippy cover that catches on a lip of the other one, locking them together.

I don't have a digital camera :(

connector.jpg

Suspended
OP
Justintime said:
Actually rereading the post, seems like you need the other end? Why not just change the end of the extension to a proper IP rated rubberised extension socket outlet and use normal plugs and an RCD at the feed?

I use a RCD on the mains line, but I prefer the lighter connecor. Chainsaw has a short run from (about 1M) with 3 pin UK mains plug, but with a block connected it feels clumsy.

Wall socket, RCD->reel---------------->flymo connector-->power tool

Gong to fit to strimmer and B&D alligator as well.

The plug looks like this, although picture doesn't show the terminals..

http://www.productdesign-ltd.com/Site/Flymo Connector.html

Last edited:
Soldato
Is your chainsaw not earthed?? I assume it would be in which case you can't use the connector you want to as it has no means of providing an earth. You also need to check that the cable used in the extension is rated either the same or higher than that used on the chainsaw flex. Also, the cable used in the extension should be high-vis ;) With it being used outdoors as well, the connector should be IP44 rated and rated to at least 13 amps :)

Suspended
OP
There's the double insulated symbol on the chainsaw if that means anything, dad has electronics busienss so he knows what he's doing, just need to find tool on the connector side.

Soldato
Right, so you have a plastic chainsaw? In which case you don't need an earth :) Regardless of the earth side of things though, my above comment still applies:

Trigger said:
You also need to check that the cable used in the extension is rated either the same or higher than that used on the chainsaw flex. Also, the cable used in the extension should be high-vis With it being used outdoors as well, the connector should be IP44 rated and rated to at least 13 amps

Basically, you shouldn't really use the connector you are trying to- you need a 3 pin blue and white IP44 rated connector which is designed specifically for what you are trying to do :cool:

Back
Top Bottom