Gay penguin couple adopt first gender neutral penguin

Caporegime
OP
It's a story because sensitive right-wing types can't tell when they are being exploited, and go and share these links around the internet and bring the advertising dollars in.

If you think it is only right wing types sharing these stories and laughing at this stuff then you ought to look again at the likes of twitter etc.. there are plenty of left wing and centrist figures openly mocking this "woke" stuff.

Soldato
This is just pure marketing from sea life and they have played a blinder , look how much attention it is going to get now. They wanted to give the chick to another penguin pair anyways and decided to give to a same sex pair, which I don't think is that uncommon in penguins. To appeal to the LGTB+ community they decided that the penguin is 'gender-less' as it makes no difference to the penguin growing up. The article mentions that when an adult they will find out the sex anyways and decide what to do breeding wise then. After this the news sites get involved and they know it's an easy article to get traction. You have the side who support it share it, then you get the side which thinks it is ridiculous also share it.

Soldato
You have described sex, not gender. Try again:rolleyes:
I've used the words they've used and used the definitions of those words. If you want to use the 'gender' words it would be man and woman, but of course referring to a penguin as a man or a woman is completely farcical, as is the argument surrounding applying the human construct that is modern gender theory to penguins on the basis that them having genders is a human construct (and by their assumption is wrong). So you can't invoke a 'so-called' human construct on them due to another human construct saying it's not okay. This whole thing is completely ludicrous.

Last edited:
Soldato
The while topic is a joke.
Your either male or female and it's decided even before birth, you can't change it and there is no debating it.

Caporegime
I've used the words they've used and used the definitions of those words. If you want to use the 'gender' words it would be man and woman, but of course referring to a penguin as a man or a woman is completely farcical, as is the argument surrounding applying the human construct that is modern gender theory to penguins on the basis that them having genders is a human construct (and by their assumption is wrong). So you can't invoke a 'so-called' human construct on them due to another human construct saying it's not okay. This whole thing is completely ludicrous.
I'm not sure what to make of applying the word "gender" to the animal kingdom.

In many species of animals the roles of male and female are very well defined and very different roles at that. Lions, elephants, yadda, yadda.

Whilst in others (esp birds?) the roles are/can be very similar, apart from the obvious biological differences. I'm no David Attenborough so ymmv.

I don't think I'd ever call that an issue of "gender", which does to me seem to be solely applicable to our rather unique experience (as humans) of sex and the role that sex plays in our life experiences.

Animals have sex and roles that can be strongly associated with their sex, but I'm not sure animals have gender.

Who knows. Perhaps the lefties and their media allies have brainwashed me sufficiently that I can't even tell black from white anymore.

Soldato
Whats the end game for these people in life? Just seems like an unnecessary battle causing stress for themselves.

I think this is what happens when all problems are pretty much solved. We create new ones.

And also, the internet dragnet made it possible to pull up some weird crap from the bottom. The media runs with it because it keeps people enraged and clicking.

I've never bumped into anyone in real life that believes any of this nonsense. So it really is just a media/internet issue

Soldato
It's a penguin, it has no idea what "gender" is, it just exists!

I know it's a "woke" clap for the zoo to be able to say this but isn't every single animal already raised as "gender neutral" as they're animals, not humans?

Back
Top Bottom