Gboard suggestions in Chrome

Soldato
I'm getting gibberish when starting to type a word then select one of the suggestions using Gboard in Chrome. No problem in Dolphin though; works as Google keyboard used to work in Chrome. Except Dolphin I've not tried any other browsers to see if it's just Chrome that's affected by this.

Just had an update for Gboard, hoping it would fix the problem. It didn't.

Anyway one else getting this problem with Gboard and Chrome?

Anyway; it ****** me off so much I've started using SwiftKey instead.

Soldato
Were you getting gibberish on all sites visited or just these forums?
People have been reporting those issues for weeks on this forum whether it's gboard or SwiftKey. But seems to be less an issue on other sites..

Soldato
OP
Just this forum it seems. Only getting it when using that combination though; Gboard and Chrome.

On this site specifically; no issue with SwiftKey (and a few other keyboards) and Chrome, and no issue using with Gboard and Dolphin browser.

Wasn't aware it was an issue largely limited to this forum. Goes to show how often I post on other sites. :o

Soldato
SwiftKey was driving me mad doing this. Switched to gboard some months ago and all has been well so far. No answer as far as I have seen (though was only looking at SwiftKey)

It was doing it here, other forums and even WhatsApp

Soldato
Its for sites that use rich text input. Im getting it quite a bit makes me want to throw my phone out of the bleeding window.

Soldato
OP
SwiftKey was driving me mad doing this. Switched to gboard some months ago and all has been well so far. No answer as far as I have seen (though was only looking at SwiftKey)

It was doing it here, other forums and even WhatsApp

Do you use Chrome or a different browser?

Soldato
Yeah exclusively Chrome. CBA with faffing about with different browsers/settings these days. I think the gibberish SwiftKey "learnt" from messing up in Chrome became part of the problem elsewhere.

Gboard is fine for my use nowadays though so not gone back

Soldato
OP
Strange that you get the problem with SwiftKey and Chrome, but I don't, and I get it with Gboard and Chrome, but you don't. One size certainly doesn't fit all. :p

Back
Top Bottom