Gears of War PC Footage Leaked

Soldato
If it does come to the 360 it will be via the marketplace because do you think people would be happy about paying for another version of the game to get the 'new' content that should have been in the game from day one? Because I sure as hell wont be.

If I am right all the new content should be the first half of Act 5 which seemed to be missing, thats why Act 5 made little sense and was extremely short in comparison to the other chapters. And if it is the first half of Act 5 it shouldnt be too difficult to put it all in order via a quick patch.

Caporegime
What i really want to know is if UT3 coming to consoles means we won't see any more unreal championship games, because i thought 2 was excellent and would love to see a 360 follow up.

Permabanned
Shamikebab said:
What i really want to know is if UT3 coming to consoles means we won't see any more unreal championship games, because i thought 2 was excellent and would love to see a 360 follow up.
Unreal Championship made me cry. :(

The second was even worse. :p

Caporegime
kalanium said:
If it does come to the 360 it will be via the marketplace because do you think people would be happy about paying for another version of the game to get the 'new' content that should have been in the game from day one? Because I sure as hell wont be.

If I am right all the new content should be the first half of Act 5 which seemed to be missing, thats why Act 5 made little sense and was extremely short in comparison to the other chapters. And if it is the first half of Act 5 it shouldnt be too difficult to put it all in order via a quick patch.

I doubt they could charge for it. Lets face it an extra level in GOW would take you 20 minutes to finish. 40 tops. Why pay even 400 points for something that would be over in that time. Plus it wouldnt flow with the game. If I was to pay for extra level it would be for Act 6 ,7, 8 etc

Soldato
I know :) but the possibility is always there with Microsoft. I dont personally think they would either, but you never know.

Soldato
NokkonWud said:
Oh well, strike me down if I didn't think I was talking about a console game in the console section.

Serious attitude problem there, no need for rolleyes when I was stating a factual point.

read the topic ! its about the PC version of GOW ! so I its relevant to mention the pc versions of said games. consoles can't do FPS justice, there are more suited to thirdPS

Caporegime
LabR@t said:
read the topic ! its about the PC version of GOW ! so I its relevant to mention the pc versions of said games. consoles can't do FPS justice, there are more suited to thirdPS

In your opinion. I've played more than enough FPS on consoles to be happy with the results. R6 was one of the best games i've ever played and that was a console FPS.

I actually prefer the poad now to a keyboard and mouse. Many here would agree with that opinion.

For me different shooters require different views. Gears should always be a 3rd person game. You get a better sence of being on the run and duck and cover with 3rd person. Just my personal view but I dont think GOW wouldve had the same impact in FPS.

Man of Honour
kalanium said:

A few hundred MB of content is not a quick patch!

Associate
I personally think the PC version of this will look amazing, but be pants to play with keyboard and mouse simply because it will be far too easy to be precise.

GOW worked on the 360 because the controls are harder. Unless they increase enemy count and health it will be too easy on PC.

Soldato
Kreeeee said:
A few hundred MB of content is not a quick patch!

You've understood it wrong ;) (or I didnt explain it properly :p), I meant release it as a DLC pack on marketplace (free of charge) and then apply a quick patch to Gears of War so it will be placed in the correct order storywise and not as a seperate add-on. You'll do anything to prove me wrong :(

It just makes most sense to me to do it this way since its the least hassle, in comparisson to releasing it on disc as some people think it will be. This is all considering if it will even be released for the 360 at all

Caporegime
and if they're even doing this content which i very much doubt personally. I think it'll just end up being a straight port, too much work and financial cost for the payback to go and change it all i think.

Soldato
It would be strange Epic releasing new levels mid way through the game because it will be kind of like admitting the original game was rushed out. I'm sure people who have a copy of Gears but don't have Live will feel a bit cheated as well.

Man of Honour
kalanium said:
You'll do anything to prove me wrong :(
:eek: (I didn't even notice it was you who posted it, you need a more unique sig :p)

I did interpret it wrong as I thought you meant that the workload on the epic GoW team would be minimal.

Caporegime
LabR@t said:
Now you're just talking garbage.

You keep your run of the mill FPS's like Devestation, I'll play Halo, TimeSplitters, Perfect Dark, Darkness, Chronicles of Riddick etc..

Oh wait, they are all 9/10 - 10/10 FPS' regardless of platform... silly me.

Man of Honour
NokkonWud said:
Now you're just talking garbage.

You keep your run of the mill FPS's like Devestation, I'll play Halo, TimeSplitters, Perfect Dark, Darkness, Chronicles of Riddick etc..

Oh wait, they are all 9/10 - 10/10 FPS' regardless of platform... silly me.
FPS games can be enjoyed with a pad but IMO the pad puts a cap on the skill limit, meaning games don't ever get as competitive (not always a bad thing :)).

For example Halo will never be as competitive as Quake 2/3 because of the skill cap, and quake was a pretty simple game!

Caporegime
I will always prefer console FPS for multiplayer because it just keeps players on a more level playing field. I know i can go and play Halo with my mates and it won't be the same person that wins everytime, because your basically able to move and aim at the same speed (With some leeway for sensitivity) everything you do becomes more important, how well you know the maps, any shortcut jumps you know, how well you can place a frag grenade and the tactics you use in a team match. I've never got that on games like CS and UT (which to be fair i do love) because the gap between a very good player and an average player is so high.

Single player though is an entirely different box of grenades, bar Halo its got to be PC, more complex games, more varied games and just better games in most cases.

Caporegime
I don't mean it lacks skill etc, but I am merely stating that consoles do have top drawer First-Person titles and that the PC isn't itself infallible for having abysmal titles.

Infact, there is a lot more chaff on the PC in terms of FPS than there are on consoles, certainly in the last 2 years.

Associate
Looking at it -- i think u will need a very very beffy pc 2 get the full graphics -- for it 2 be the same as the 360 -- fingers crossed they bring out a patch for the 360 so we can get it also

Back
Top Bottom