• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce 580 vs ati 6970.

Suspended
The 6970 will probably clock to just over stock 580 performance with vram not being much of an issue @1080p.

The 580 I imagine should get you about an extra ~15% performance when both oc'ed to the max.

However, both will trail far behind your current 'Ati Geforce 470 SLI' setup, so I would keep what I had.

Even if you were getting 2 of them, they both wont be that much faster at all.

Soldato
OP
The 6970 will probably clock to just over stock 580 performance with vram not being much of an issue @1080p.

The 580 I imagine should get you about an extra ~15% performance when both oc'ed to the max.

However, both will trail far behind your current 'Ati Geforce 470 SLI' setup, so I would keep what I had.

Even if you were getting 2 of them, they both wont be that much faster at all.

Dont have sli anymore i just havent updated.

Soldato
OP
The 580 second hand is a lot more. The 6970 can be had for abit cheaper. I plan i adding another and possibly a third down the line.

their isnt a huge difference in fps in that comparison.

Seems the 580 does better at higher res and seems to have a better minimum fps.

Back
Top Bottom