• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GeForce RTX™ 4090 SUPRIM LIQUID X 24G

Associate
Hello,

I have this card and recently I notice the fan underneath the card never spins.

I've tested this GPU by running Furmark at 4k resolution and even on Fire Strike (Ultra), so it's running at maximum load (more or less), but it still won't spin?

I made a video to demonstrate, if someone can help.

Is it a setting issue or an issue with the card?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Associate
What temperature is it at while running furmark?

Edit: nvm didn’t see the video on mobile, now can see the temps are in the video

Last edited:
Associate
OP
What temperature is it at while running furmark?

Edit: nvm didn’t see the video on mobile, now can see the temps are in the video

About 80-83C.

Untitled.png

Associate
Your video have been deleted now so I can't see if you mentioned this but have you tried it in both modes via the Silent/Gaming switch? At 80c you'd expect it to be spinning even in silent mode, but it would be worth checking out gaming mode anyway just to double check if it does/doesn't spin in that mode

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Your video have been deleted now so I can't see if you mentioned this but have you tried it in both modes via the Silent/Gaming switch? At 80c you'd expect it to be spinning even in silent mode, but it would be worth checking out gaming mode anyway just to double check if it does/doesn't spin in that mode

I re-uploaded the video elsewhere.

Can you help where I can find that setting? I have a Asus motherboard and all the settings seem to be CPU related.

Soldato
I re-uploaded the video elsewhere.

Can you help where I can find that setting? I have a Asus motherboard and all the settings seem to be CPU related.

Download MSI afterburner and you'll be able to control the gpu fans from there. See if they even spin up when you set them to manual control. That's where i would start for a easy diagnosis.

Soldato
When my 4080 arrived with a dead 2nd fan I used GPU-Z to show the fan was being commanded to run at a certain % but the actual RPM stayed at zero.

Download and install GPU-Z. Under the Sensor tab you should see a % & RPM for each GPU fan.

Soldato
im assuming the fans on the radiator are connected to the gpu and not via external cables? Not familiar with this version of the 4090 so im only assuming.

Also assuming its the single gpu fan that's not spinning and not the radiator fans?

Soldato
I suspect that fan should be spinning as those temps look very high.

83c on the GPU core with a 108c hotspot is very high for a watercooled GPU even if its only a 240mm rad

Even though the power draw is at 450w, if I set my gigabyte AIO 4090 to 450w and repeat the same test then I get 62c on the GPU core and 80c on the hotspot

Last edited:
Associate
OP
im assuming the fans on the radiator are connected to the gpu and not via external cables? Not familiar with this version of the 4090 so im only assuming.

Also assuming its the single gpu fan that's not spinning and not the radiator fans?

Yes, the radiator fans working fine, but the single GPU can are not.

I'm not sure about the first question.

Associate
Yes, the radiator fans working fine, but the single GPU can are not.

I'm not sure about the first question.
in your video when you set custom fan curve did you also select fan2 at the top or just fan1?

afaik looking at it fan 1 includes both radiator fans and fan 2 is the gpu one thats doing nothing so try setting that manually.

when you start up the pc do all 3 fans spin up when you turn it on? if not its dead fan

cant believe i logged in just for this :p

Back
Top Bottom