Gems in the rough of AAA

Soldato
Satellite Reign - Syndicate universe squad based real-time strategy

Just replaying this and it's a good game, got some flack for not being a true Syndicate follow-up and more an RTS. Graphics and setting are great but character development/story is a bit light

It was good but..... Had its flaws.

It you compare it like for like to the old ones, in Particular Syndicate wars, you can literally bullet point a whole list of features that you had in the old game and not this one, shame, a little more effort and this game could have been epic.

Soldato

It you compare it like for like to the old ones, in Particular Syndicate wars, you can literally bullet point a whole list of features that you had in the old game and not this one, shame, a little more effort and this game could have been epic.

yeah SWARS was one of my favourites from that time, Persuadertron zerg squads

Soldato
A few of my favourites;

Return of the Obra Dinn - first-person exploration using logical deduction, with minimalist visuals
Orcs Must Die series - fun mash-up of tower defence and 3rd person action
Defense Grid - great tower defence
Baba is You - ingenious puzzler
They Are Billions - strategy builder where you hold off increasingly large hordes of zombies
Slay the Spire - roguelike deck builder
Frozen Synapse - clever turn-based tactics
Limbo - beautifully dark puzzle platform
Inside - follow up to Limbo
Mark of the Ninja - stealthy platformer
Superhot - clever FPS where time moves only when you move
Spelunky - randomly generated roguelike platformer
Invisible, Inc. - stealthy turn based strategy
Space Chem - design-based puzzle game
Little Nightmares - dark whimsical tale
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun - tactical stealth á la Commandos/Desperados

(great thread by the way)

Return of the Obra Dinn - first-person exploration using logical deduction, with minimalist visuals

i know this is an old post but just wanted to say i've just completed the game this weekend. what a random game that was but a fantastic fun game from start to finish. it's not often i finish a game and am left sad that it's over and missing it. usually it seems these days that games are so full of rubbish content that I end up happy to be done with it and enjoy clicking "uninstall", but the exact opposite is the case with Obra Dinn.

really recommend everyone check it out, especially as it's ridiculously cheap. £5~ or so on pc

Permabanned
Starsector!

Also vote for

FLT
Rimworld
Project Zomboid - Although I can't play it anymore as there's still no support for 4k, nor is there any NPCs in the game.
Orcs must die
Hades - Someone did the first max heat run a few months ago. That's some serious dedication and one hell of an record in the world of gaming achievements.

Sattelite Reign was a massive disappointment I found. Supposed to be a modern Syndicate and wasn't even close to it. Bullfrog was such a great studio I played most of their games as a kid. Why did EA even buy it I mean I don't think they've even done anything with the IPs? Other than the Syndicate FPS that nobody asked for :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Another vote for Satisfactory, have spent many many hours in that game and it's not even out of early access yet, update 8 coming to the early access branch today I believe :)

Soldato
Game Dev Tycoon - its an old game but its still amazingly compelling 10 years on from release (or a bit more than 10, but it came to steam in 2013) Ive probably put 50-60 hours into it total between the steam and the pre steam version.

Soldato
Chronicon - 2d arpg, lots of content, runs well on steam deck, 5 classes with 4 major trees each and lots of items for some good build diversity and a sortof custom endgame system

Man of Honour
Not for Broadcast

Grounded

Vampire Survivors

En Garde

Ion Fury

Pan'orama

Dave the Diver

Back
Top Bottom