Poll: General election voting round 4

Voting intentions in the General Election?

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 276 39.5%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Green Party

Votes: 41 5.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 125 17.9%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 50 7.2%
  • Not voting/will spoil ballot

Votes: 33 4.7%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Respect Party

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 31 4.4%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • UKIP

Votes: 128 18.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
A bit slower from me to start this thread than intended but this is a fourth chance to indicate your voting intentions and see if there have been any changes over time.

It covers all parties who currently have at least one seat in the House of Commons but if you're going to vote for another party that isn't listed then you can indicate that with the "other" option and explain (or not). It's anonymous so unless you want to say who you're voting for there's no need to post it.

The options in alphabetical order are are:
Alliance Party of Northern Ireland
Conservative
Democratic Unionist Party
Green Party
Labour
Liberal Democrat
Not voting/will spoil ballot
Other party (not named)
Plaid Cymru
Respect Party
Scottish National Party
Social Democratic and Labour Party
Sinn Fein
UKIP

The poll runs for 7 days from today, after that point there might be another poll to see if the voting intentions change.

Round 1 of the polling.
Round 2 of the polling.
Round 3 of the polling.

Man of Honour
OP
Why? The people on this forum are mostly right-far right and have been since I first started posting here back in ???? The poll will never reflect anywhere near the result of the real world voter. Look at how OCUK voted in 2010.

PS I have had to sign up again twice .... can any long serving poster remember roughly how long ago that is?

It's not meant to be taken particularly seriously, it's just to see how (or indeed if) voting intentions change in OcUK over time and after hearing material from the parties. I figure there won't be much change but it adds a bit of interest for some.

That may have some basis in reality. UKIP vote here has declined while the Labour-Tory ratio has been stable. That is reflected in the national polls.

However, when the sample is extremely skewed then you have to be very careful to draw conclusions, regressi0n towards the mean and so on.

I wouldn't suggest drawing any firm conclusions from the polls, treat them as a bit of interest and little more. The only thing you could say with any degree of certainty is that the people who've elected to vote in these polls seem to be pretty stubborn given the apparent lack of movement in their voting intentions...

What do people think of the Americanisation of this election?

People from work are actually booking the following day off to sit up and see results come in. Talk about hype....

It will make a difference, but not THAT much of one this time. lol

I'm off anyway but can't say I've got any intention to wait up for the results to come in, maybe on the day I'll get caught up in the excitement though. :o

Man of Honour
OP
The SNPophobia in the press is no surprise given they support a right of centre narrative

Not to pick on you but it's always interesting how differently people view the politics of the media - if you support a nominally left wing party then the media is typically portrayed as being right of centre, if you support a nominally right wing party then the media is typically portrayed as being left of centre.

There's rarely an appreciation that the media is not a homogenous entity and it depends what you take as your sources.

Let me be clear, I don't believe all or even most 'socially progressive' persons are in favour of paedophilia. I believe its a very minor group who currently advocate for their rights. But, I could easily see it being a cause picked up by the broader progressive movement down the line. I imagine they'd argue for softer sentencing, lower age of consent and that paedophilia eroticism (art, stories etc) is entirely harmless. That at least is where it would start.

We've already seen groups like PIE receiving government funding in the 80's. What I am suggesting is not outside the realms of possibility.

I think you're way off base with that one and attempts to link paedophilia with homosexuals, transgender, minority ethnic etc are absurd.

Incidentally do you have any proof that PIE did receive government funding as an organisation? I don't believe it was ever proved but maybe you know better.

So this story has me worried.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32442151

Even if the Tories win a majority by quite a few seats can Labour/snp still rule? I'm confused about the system now, does this mean any rag tag bunch with enough numbers can get together and rule by majority even if the electorate have voted by numbers for a different government?

The party with the biggest number of seats by convention has the right to try and form a government, that may mean in coalition if they don't have enough for a majority on their own. If they can't then other parties may seek to form a coalition and if they hold a majority that would be enough. However it's only a convention as I understand it so someone else may want to chime in and confirm that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom