• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Generally what is the delta between your core temp and hot spot temp? (All cards)

Associate
My 6900 XT (gigabyte Xtreme Waterforce) has a delta of 25+

Currently running Kombustor, with GPU Temp at 48, and Hot Spot at 75.

This came as a refurbished unit. Guess I need repaste at some point.

Soldato
I've knocked 100Mhz off the max clock on the 6700XT, so now set to 2600Mhz. Set the VRAM to fast timings and maxed out the clock speed to 2150Mhz. I've also knocked the GPU voltage down from 1200mv to 1125mv.

On a fresh cold boot my GPU is 28ºC with junction at 30ºC.

Should be noted I repasted the GPU with Permafrost 2 and also fitted Gelid GP Ultimate pads (inc. on the rear).

If I run the built in stress test for 2 minutes, GPU is 62ºC and Junction is 75ºC (13ºC difference). Similar to @Phixsator results. My slightly increased fan profile is ~2300RPM which is about 55% (at 65ºC). Power draw is no more than 170W.

Soldato
I've knocked 100Mhz off the max clock on the 6700XT, so now set to 2600Mhz. Set the VRAM to fast timings and maxed out the clock speed to 2150Mhz. I've also knocked the GPU voltage down from 1200mv to 1125mv.

On a fresh cold boot my GPU is 28ºC with junction at 30ºC.

Should be noted I repasted the GPU with Permafrost 2 and also fitted Gelid GP Ultimate pads (inc. on the rear).

If I run the built in stress test for 2 minutes, GPU is 62ºC and Junction is 75ºC (13ºC difference). Similar to @Phixsator results. My slightly increased fan profile is ~2300RPM which is about 55% (at 65ºC). Power draw is no more than 170W.
How much of a difference do you feel the ultimate pads are having?

Soldato
How much of a difference do you feel the ultimate pads are having?
Have a look here mate. The pads definitely improved the memory temps (once I got the right sized pads fitted) - https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/powercolor-6700xt-fighter-teardown.18936005/post-35078260

The Average temperatures saw the following:
  • Memory Junction temperature is 6.0 degrees cooler in Days Gone.
  • Memory Junction temperature is 10.7 degrees cooler in The Ascent.
  • Memory Junction temperature is 1.5 degrees cooler in No Man's Sky.
  • Memory Junction temperature is 1.5 degrees cooler in FurMark.

And the Max temperatures saw the following:
  • Memory Junction temperature is 5.8 degrees cooler in Days Gone.
  • Memory Junction temperature is 6.1 degrees cooler in The Ascent.
  • Memory Junction temperature is 6.3 degrees cooler in No Man's Sky.
  • Memory Junction temperature is 2.0 degrees cooler in FurMark.

Soldato
Have a look here mate. The pads definitely improved the memory temps (once I got the right sized pads fitted) - https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/powercolor-6700xt-fighter-teardown.18936005/post-35078260

The Average temperatures saw the following:
  • Memory Junction temperature is 6.0 degrees cooler in Days Gone.
  • Memory Junction temperature is 10.7 degrees cooler in The Ascent.
  • Memory Junction temperature is 1.5 degrees cooler in No Man's Sky.
  • Memory Junction temperature is 1.5 degrees cooler in FurMark.

And the Max temperatures saw the following:
  • Memory Junction temperature is 5.8 degrees cooler in Days Gone.
  • Memory Junction temperature is 6.1 degrees cooler in The Ascent.
  • Memory Junction temperature is 6.3 degrees cooler in No Man's Sky.
  • Memory Junction temperature is 2.0 degrees cooler in FurMark.
Thanks for sharing that info.. Think I'll invest in some pads then and redo the entire card.... I got the reference model though...

Associate
My 3080ti with a EK water block was 5° different between core temp and hot spot when i first did it and was around 9° difference when I swapped it out recently, this was with Gelid extreme pads rather than the supplied EK pads.

Back
Top Bottom