Getting an Xbox one if I own a PS4.

Associate
Can't decide whether to get one! I don't really care for the exclusives but I do like the little things the Xbox 360 had like quick access to the people you've met online to rejoin a server etc. I can't seem to do that on my PS4.

I love the controller more than the PlayStation but graphics are a deal breaker. If I did get one it would end up being my online console instead of my PS4! I not fussed about the multitasking but it seems handy.

Can't decide! What do you think?

Soldato
From what you have said, it sounds like the novelty wouldn't last long if you aren't bothered about any exclusives for it. What games would you favour over the PS4 versions?

I'm like this with tablets. I have an ipad 2 and an Ipad mini retina but always catch myself looking at android tablets even though I have no use for one and don't know what I'd do with it if I bought one :o

Soldato
I agree with mame, the novelty will soon wear off, will you be upgrading to smart TV any chance soon?

I looked over one myself, but with a Ps4, Wii u and a smart TV xbox one made no sense to me at all if i'm not into the exclusives. Only one game peaked my interest that Ps4 and wii u or my Pc couldn't offer me, Forza 5, as the media services my smart TV handle, the exclusives I want Ps4 and Wii u handle, my Pc handles my GFX snobbery lol and the Ps4 handles all the rest for my gaming needs.

Soldato
Only reason to own a console at all is for its exclusives as the PC does everything else cheaper and better. I just completed my "this gen" console lineup last week by adding a Xbone to my PS4 and Wii U and no regrets, really like Forza 5 :)

Associate
Personally I don't think there's a huge reason to own both, but a bit like the poster above I've gone an Xbox One en route after not being able to resist the urge any longer. Halo Masterchief Collection is the main draw, along with the new Crackdown and a few of the other E3 announced games. Now means like last-gen I'll own all the machines.

Associate
OP
Most of the games I play are either competetive FPS like COD, BF or open work games and RPGs like Read Dead, GTA etc

I'm a fan of Zombie games too and State of Decay was a lot of fun on the 360 so maybe I'll miss that and I'm a fan of Fable!

that's about the only two that I'll benifit from. If I didn't have a PS4 I'd miss The Last of Us and other ND titles. I've never really cared for Halo although I've never given it a really good go.

Apart from that and being able to find people in your server plus the pad. I don't think there's anything else. I just really enjoyed the menues and overall UI on the 360 so I'm just wondering if I'm missing out.

Permabanned
Get one. I picked up a wii u last month to complete the next gen trifecta and they all have plus points. My logic is I own them all now so its there when any games turn up I want to play

Permabanned
Get one. I picked up a wii u last month to complete the next gen trifecta and they all have plus points. My logic is I own them all now so its there when any games turn up I want to play

Soldato
If only the XB1 had the innards of a PS4, but the ultimate console really. Shame.

Eh? Ps4 is well engineered yes. But I don't think kinect and the wavy system X1 has really adds anything much. If you want the innards of a Ps4 then erm get a Ps4 as its IMO the gamers choice.

In fact, X1 is now almost cheaper then a Ps4 isn't it without the kinect pack in?

Wii U is pretty good as mentioned as Mario Kart and 3D world and Donkey Kong are superb games actually. Sadly, Wii U only has its exclusives so seeing as he's not interested in exclusives - maybe not for him.

i still think the Ps4, with a smart TV is the best package going at the moment. If you've got a smart TV you pretty much get all an xbox can do (minus the kinect - I mean media wise), I can play a Ps4 game and snap out of the Ps4 and display the Ps4 screen in a small window and see whats on Sky using my smart TV remote if I so wish (sorta like a PIP). I don't do it very often, but its there. I can use plex on my smart Tv, I never use netflix or bbc iplayer on my Ps4, the smart tv takes care of all that for me.

i've never really 'got' the X1, but then seeing as I've got smart TVs in my house, I guess this is why... I've got a Wii U, my little girl uses that for motion gaming. Wii u has a great selection of Wii games, can't argue with the Wii u for backward compatibility.

Soldato
Eh? Ps4 is well engineered yes. But I don't think kinect and the wavy system X1 has really adds anything much. If you want the innards of a Ps4 then erm get a Ps4 as its IMO the gamers choice.

In fact, X1 is now almost cheaper then a Ps4 isn't it without the kinect pack in?

Wii U is pretty good as mentioned as Mario Kart and 3D world and Donkey Kong are superb games actually. Sadly, Wii U only has its exclusives so seeing as he's not interested in exclusives - maybe not for him.

i still think the Ps4, with a smart TV is the best package going at the moment. If you've got a smart TV you pretty much get all an xbox can do (minus the kinect - I mean media wise), I can play a Ps4 game and snap out of the Ps4 and display the Ps4 screen in a small window and see whats on Sky using my smart TV remote if I so wish (sorta like a PIP). I don't do it very often, but its there. I can use plex on my smart Tv, I never use netflix or bbc iplayer on my Ps4, the smart tv takes care of all that for me.

i've never really 'got' the X1, but then seeing as I've got smart TVs in my house, I guess this is why... I've got a Wii U, my little girl uses that for motion gaming. Wii u has a great selection of Wii games, can't argue with the Wii u for backward compatibility.

I've got a PS4 already but really like Microsoft's way of doing things on the software front.

Many great years with the 360 at the start and still gutted they never followed it up. It's the multi-plats that do it too.

Back
Top Bottom